Scale Graphics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike McKnight

Guys I'm afraid I have come to a decision regarding Scale Graphics. Effective immediately I will no longer be doing graphics for Scale boats or any other RC boats. It has been an ongoing problem that I have not been able to fill orders as fast as some would like. Quite simply I cannot put boat orders in front of commercial work and I am finding I have less and less time to fill boat orders. I will fill the orders that are currently on the books but I will not be taking any new ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's really sad news for the scale guys......no chance of Mini-Mike taking over that side of the business?

Can I still use that certificate from San Diego? Was wanting to get either the 07' Formula or the 99 or 97 Pico.

Anything I have outstanding including your certificate I will still honor Glenn. My entire graphics business is going to be sold off although I am not sure if whoever buys it will be willing to take over the rc boat graphics.

Anything I have outstanding including your certificate I will still honor Glenn. My entire graphics business is going to be sold off although I am not sure if whoever buys it will be willing to take over the rc boat graphics.

mike i will pay you double what you normally get. and i will wait as long as needed, just please make my bud decals for me..

Are you telling me I have to find another place to get graphics? I was looking at ordering 3 sets in the near future :eek:

Sounds like one of those tough business decisions that you have to make every now and then. Good luck in the future.

If you end up selling your software to someone, please let us know.

I guess that leaves us with Pacific Graphics.

Hey I know first hand that Mikes stuff was top shelf, allthough I only had the opertunity to use his stuff once, but was happy with them.

So, I must say, with the library of graphics Mike had, he will be missed greatly.

And yes Mike, if you sell your software to someone, could you keep up posted, as to were it is going.

With that being said, if anyone has been deeling with someone who does have graphics packages for our toy boats, please list here, so we can make a list of suppliers. If its OK with there graphics supplier.

We need to share our info on here.

Just my ramblings

Rick

Sorry for the sport that you are getting out of the RC business.. But understand.... Please let us know where the programs go if you can... Being Busy is a good thing,, Being understanding of your customers is another...Thanks Mike for ALL of your involvment in Scales...

Sorry for the sport that you are getting out of the RC business.. But understand.... Please let us know where the programs go if you can... Being Busy is a good thing,, Being understanding of your customers is another...Thanks Mike for ALL of your involvment in Scales...
Dont for get Mike at Pacific Graphics. I have been using his graphics for years and am quite happy with the quality. He will be buying a printer real soon for doing decals. Will be able to do the small stuff.

CZAR

I don't want to step on anybodys toes but I also do 1/8 scale graphics and have been doing it for 10 years or so. I have around 25 different sets and they range in price from $45. to $120. + shipping. If I don't have the set you need I will do them for 1/2 price with you supplying the newton plans and a picture or 2. I do a commercial business like Mike and that takes priority but I normally get orders out within a fiew days of payment. 618-658-9597 Thanks

I don't want to step on anybodys toes but I also do 1/8 scale graphics and have been doing it for 10 years or so. I have around 25 different sets and they range in price from $45. to $120. + shipping. If I don't have the set you need I will do them for 1/2 price with you supplying the newton plans and a picture or 2. I do a commercial business like Mike and that takes priority but I normally get orders out within a fiew days of payment. 618-658-9597 Thanks

HEY Wes does do great graphics. Now he wont have time to do mine :(

I have used him for all the 82U55 graphics.

The kits for 89 Winston Eagle and the 2000 BUD T5 I make, Wes has the graphics for those boats too..

Wes you need to get a web page that shows all you have already done.

I dont know how it works but Mike can you get Wes copys of your graphic files??

Mike at Pacific grafics has a nice collection of graphics too.

PHIL THOMAS

Guys I have a deal in the works already. I will let you know what is happening when it becomes final.

HEY Wes does do great graphics. Now he wont have time to do mine :(

I have used him for all the 82U55 graphics.

The kits for 89 Winston Eagle and the 2000 BUD T5 I make, Wes has the graphics for those boats too..

Wes you need to get a web page that shows all you have already done.

I dont know how it works but Mike can you get Wes copys of your graphic files??

Mike at Pacific grafics has a nice collection of graphics too.

PHIL THOMAS
I'm working on getting a web site up again. I should have something in a month or so. In the mean time you can e-mail me at [email protected]

Ok I promised you an update and here it is. My graphics business will remain with me for a while longer but I will not be running it. I have entered into a partnership agreement with someone I tried to hire away from a competitor last year. When he heard I wanted to sell jumped at the chance. He will be taking all of the large format equipment and computers and all commercial business as of 11/1.

However, he isn't interested taking any of the Scale Graphics. So all of my source files, one computer, printer and cutter will remain with me. He will take over everything else completely down the road and will continue under another name. Since I have been getting a lot of messages encouraging me to continue with the Scale Graphics I am going to setup a separate website for Scale stuff including the graphics in a few weeks after he gets all of the other stuff off my back.

This doesn't mean that Scale Graphics are going to be my only gig though. My audio video production and equipment rental business needs to be directed. The vinyl graphics business was only started because the graphics I created for video were also able to be used in vinyl and large format printing and it was easy for advertising agencies to have us do everything for a clients marketing needs in one shot. Problem is there are three local graphics companies that have gotten into a price war and are whoring themselves out so bad that everyone else is killing themselves to compete. I was working longer hours with shrinking profits and cash and resources were being diverted from the AV business to support it and that is where I had to draw the line. My AV business makes a whole heck of a lot more money than the vinyl business and the equipment costs MUCH less to maintain so to use a football analogy....it was 4th down and time to punt.

I am still going to get everything I have remaining for Scale done, in fact I should have it all but a few customs jobs that I still have to draw up out by the end of the week. After that I will start taking new orders again.

Good to hear that you are going to keep doing the scales. I might be ordering some for the 7-11 in a couple months.

Mike very good news, your graphics are excellent, I have used three sets so far and couldn't be happier.....

Thanks guys....

FYI I will be able to take orders again after the 27th. Actually I could take them now but I will be finishing my commercial work and the new partner comes on board then so I wouldn't get to them for a bit yet. Also, I have been getting alot of questions about sizing stuff up for the Classic Thunderboats and the answer is "yes". I can make them any size in a matter of seconds.

Back