Scale boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Sametz

Supporting Member
Thinking of building a scale boat for 08 season. Need info on U-50 Bellevue VW. I think it raced in 95 at Columbus. Driver was Scott Pierce. Owner was Robert Young. Any photos or info. Thanks for help. Ray :unsure: :unsure:

I found mention of a Bellevue VW but not a U-50 and no pictures.

Could it be the U-98/99 Chaplins Bellevue Subaru? Its a Leland hull raced in 96' and driven by Scott Pierce. I have a picture of it from a card set, all white with a graphic of Charlie Chaplin on the cowl and it does have a VW logo on the nose. In the hull roster its #9698 and called Chaplins Bellevue Mazda.

Glenn, I have a tape from ESPN of the 95 Columbia Cup. The year Smoking Joe's kicked some Bud butt. There was a short close up of the boat. The colors caught my eye. Yellow nose,blue center, pink tail. It had a front wing mounted high on the front sponsons. Thanks Ray B) B)

Glenn, I have a tape from ESPN of the 95 Columbia Cup. The year Smoking Joe's kicked some Bud butt. There was a short close up of the boat. The colors caught my eye. Yellow nose,blue center, pink tail. It had a front wing mounted high on the front sponsons. Thanks Ray B) B)
I know what you're talking about now, it's a 3 wing boat.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...m=312&pos=1

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...m=312&pos=0

No listing in the hull roster under that name.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the 9031 boat that started life as the 1990 Tri-Wing Circus. Ron Jones owned that boat before Ken Muscatel bought it. That was the 21 boat that burned in Seattle last year with Kevin Ayelsworth aboard..

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, Looked at hull roster. The boat I want is listed #9031-1995- U-50 Chaplins Belleview Volkswagon. I saw it spelled Bellevue also. :unsure: Thanks again. Ray

Back