Scale Boat Trailers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tall Fella

Hello everybody .

This is a enquiry from Australia . I have a set of plans from Newton Marine , is there any obvious problems in the construction of these trailers . Do members who already have them , use a rod to hold the boat carrying frame on it's sideways tilt or some thing more sophisicated . eg - a small air or hydraulic ram . What do members use for wheels - Dubro or some car / truck setup ? . I look forward to reading your replies .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

Last edited by a moderator:
for wheels u can use the tamiya remote control rig rear wheels or a cheap plastic toy truck.most guys build the tilt on the trailor in reverse so u dont have to remove the turn fin.to hole up the tilt u can use couple pieces of stick wood and make holders to put them under the trailor. it is more up to you how much detail u want in your trailor as in opening parts compartments and hoses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everybody .

Thanks to ww29 for getting back to me about this . I also received a Private Conversation from Keith Warham , however I am unable to reply to it - reason unknown .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

Ian,

I have the tamiya rear truck wheels as mentioned. Real nice work, and great detail. Tower has them for around US$45 a pair complete with the rubber tyres. If I ever get round to building one that's what I'm using. Not sure what material to make the actual frame work from though?

Gino

Ian,

I have the tamiya rear truck wheels as mentioned. Real nice work, and great detail. Tower has them for around US$45 a pair complete with the rubber tyres. If I ever get round to building one that's what I'm using. Not sure what material to make the actual frame work from though?

Gino
Carl and Harold Graff have built over a dozen show quality trailers and boats for a local banker. All on display in his home modern piston boats with beautiful trailers to hold them. Give me your email and I will pass it to him as he dont get on here much....

Latest posts

Back