Scale Allisons

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcvnd

Supporting Member
Just wanted to alert you all to a new 1/8th scale Allison offering. I have been in contact with these guys for the past couple of years and have pushed for the development of prototypical hydroplane versions of both the turbo and normally aspirated engines. These guys are scale modelers who wanted to do something in 8th scale. These are the most detailed allisons that i have seen. Check them out. I have one of the turbo versions on the way for a new project and I will post pictures when it arrives and with the build. Mention my name if you purchase one.

Cheers,

Kevin

http://www.tdrcatalog.com/servlet/the-Engines-1-fdsh-8th-Scale-cln-Allison-V-dsh-12/Categories

4160635031_6c0834e2cf_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Do they float?"

Hey Mike,

For that amount of money - - - floating should be the least of their concerns. I wonder what kind of RPM we can expect from one on 50% Nitro - Har, Har !!! I knew I liked full cowls for a GOOD reason. CHEERS !!! Bob

For a display model, they would be great. What I want to know is how do you mount it over a CMB .67?

For a display model, they would be great. What I want to know is how do you mount it over a CMB .67?
Well I haven't got to that part yet. i think due to the location of the motor on the real boat and the placement of the cmb 67 on our boats the cmb will actually sit ahead of the turbos with the pipe running through the motor. In terms of floating, i will be working on that too. They are more pricey than I expected, but i must admit but i think they look damb cool. In terms of them flying off and considering the rate I build boats and run them I shouldn't have to worry about this till 2015 anyway. When I get it in hand I will post some pics to see what ya'll think.

Latest posts

Back