RUDDER SERVOS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark couty

What servos for the rudder are you guys running in 1/8 scale hydros ? Cost and availability. Are you using 1/4 scale or something else. Please be as specific as possible. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your going to have a whole bunch of different opinions here, but I use a Digital Hobbico CS-150 servo. It has 193oz or torque at 6 volts and I have them in 3 different boats and have not had a single issue with them. I also have Hitec 645MG and they are very good too. Both are in the 35 to 40 dollar range.

Buddy

Mark,

I use the Futaba 3305 and its been great.. But this year I will be using a Futaba S3050.

Grim
Interesting Grim,

So you are actually going down in torque value, but moving to a digital vs. analog. Any reason why you would sacrifice torque for digital?

Later,

Mike

Mark,

I use the Futaba 3305 and its been great.. But this year I will be using a Futaba S3050.

Grim
Interesting Grim,

So you are actually going down in torque value, but moving to a digital vs. analog. Any reason why you would sacrifice torque for digital?

Later,

Mike
Just don’t need that much in a scale boat. If you can feel the servo giving up your turn fin is to small.. Remember its not getting into the corner where the torque is needed. It’s getting out!

And I want to start switching to "cost sensitive" digi servos. The lower cost issue is just easer to talk about at the races.

Grim

I have 3305s for all my boats, though I also have an S9350 coreless digital that I'm looking at putting in a new scale I've just started. In a sport 40 or scale hull, you need to be using a servo with 90+ inch ounces of torque to be sure you have enough grunt to turn your boat at speed

Last edited by a moderator:
9405 in the Scale I bought from Don and Airtronics 94358 in other similar size boats.

9405 in the Scale I bought from Don and Airtronics 94358 in other similar size boats.
Im just going to walk behind Grim and pick in his trash can :lol: :lol: :lol: I have some of everything all are working fine from hitec 645mg to a Fut metal case high horse light dimmer. Servos are good just use a good quality switch,battery and waterproof box....

Latest posts

Back