Rudder Location

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tall Fella

Hello Everybody .

This is a enquiry from Australia regarding rudder location on the 1982 / 83 American Speedy Printing / Executone / O Boy O Berto hull 8255 ? . I prefer to mount the rudder on the left side of the strut and would like to know how far off the strut position to make the centreline of the rudder blade . I look forward to reading your replies .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

Hello Everybody . This is a enquiry from Australia regarding rudder location on the 1982 / 83 American Speedy Printing / Executone / O Boy O Berto hull 8255 ? . I prefer to mount the rudder on the left side of the strut and would like to know how far off the strut position to make the centreline of the rudder blade . I look forward to reading your replies .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia
On my Phil Thomas 82 Executone hull, the rudder is 2.75" left of the strut when viewed from the rear.....turns like its on rails....when its on the water....

executone_rudder_location_002_(600_x_400).jpg

Hello Everybody . This is a enquiry from Australia regarding rudder location on the 1982 / 83 American Speedy Printing / Executone / O Boy O Berto hull 8255 ? . I prefer to mount the rudder on the left side of the strut and would like to know how far off the strut position to make the centreline of the rudder blade . I look forward to reading your replies .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia
Hello Ian, Recently read a post by John Finch on rudder placement- he prefers rudder to be placed to the right of the strut. To prevent blowovers when a left correction is made(as in passing or avoiding a dead boat). I do have one boat with the rudder on the left and set the rudder 1.95" or 49.5MM off the centerline.

Glenn

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia
IF YOU PUT THE RUDDER ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE STRUT IT WILL BALANCE THE BOAT BETTER SINCE THE TURN FIN IS ON THE RIGHT SIDE.

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia
On my Phil Thomas 82 Executone hull, the rudder is 2.75" left of the strut when viewed from the rear.....turns like its on rails....when its on the water....

DITTO on my Coors Left is good your turning a 12-15 pound boat and want a nice arc

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

Hay Duck! Off topic, If you have time, send me a copy of those pics of the Bardahl guy. I've been looking for ever for a GOOD pic. [email protected]

Hello everybody .

Thanks for the replies , just starting to do some work on the boat and was wondering about what strut depth / angle I should start with . I plan to put the tanks each side of the motor . I noticed that Speed Jnr . has a enquiry about prop size on a similar boat , My hull is fibreglass and I am currently trying to make a radio box to go in front of my OPS 67 Motor . I look forward to reading your replies .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everybody .Thanks for the replies , just starting to do some work on the boat and was wondering about what strut depth / angle I should start with . I plan to put the tanks each side of the motor . I noticed that Speed Jnr . has a enquiry about prop size on a similar boat , My hull is fibreglass and I am currently trying to make a radio box to go in front of my OPS 67 Motor . I look forward to reading your replies .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing
x455 or x457 i like the 3 blade ones on this tail dragger

Latest posts

Back