RoundNose

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALLAN YUEN

what size prop most use popular for RoundNose?

how much of oz for tank? should put add sump tank? where will tank under hull ?

I still figure so need feedback more informate thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
what size prop most use popular for RoundNose? how much of oz for tank? should put add sump tank? where will tank under hull ?

I use an X455/3 on my Kai. The tank size depends on your engine. I use an OPS .67 and can get by, on a small course, with 16oz. I wish I could get at least 20oz but no room. Prop also depends on setup and engine. Hope this helps...

BB

what size prop most use popular for RoundNose? how much of oz for tank? should put add sump tank? where will tank under hull ?

I use an X455/3 on my Kai. The tank size depends on your engine. I use an OPS .67 and can get by, on a small course, with 16oz. I wish I could get at least 20oz but no room. Prop also depends on setup and engine. Hope this helps...

BB
This boat with a greeny will need 20oz and i start with a 1457,plenty of lift so you dont need to add tons of weight to the nose. Mark its a scale mto

Alanis this a scale, a thunderboat, a sport 40? what motor etc?
:blink: I am sorry that forget to not tell use this scale ;) I will build to install my MAC67w/ AB 67 Silver pipe ( not CNC bullet 67) onto my the MTO " 1957 U-99 Short Circuit throught Winter

Tell me measure set up motor center to pipe ? thanks

Alan....In my Miss US with the Mac 67 and AB pipe, I use 12 ounces on average per heat.....

Alan....In my Miss US with the Mac 67 and AB pipe, I use 12 ounces on average per heat.....
Set the motor as far forward as you can and start the pipe at 11 1/2 It should end up near 11 1/8 WOW Duck i thought Macs were gas hogs to. Mike eats 16 easy every heat 6 laps right?

Set the motor as far forward as you can and start the pipe at 11 1/2 It should end up near 11 1/8 WOW Duck i thought Macs were gas hogs to. Mike eats 16 easy every heat 6 laps right?
Mike, they are not too bad.....I have 2- 8 ounce tanks plus a 4 ounce sump tank and the one 8 ounce usually only gets half empty.....mostly run at 2200' elevation. Heat times generally run 1:32-1:40 for 6 laps (1 mile course) plus a couple laps for milling.....

OK Allen, A question for you.

What size props should I use in a twin rigger running .67 greenheads?

Bill,

A matched set of H-38's would be a good place to start.

Then a set of H-32's when you are ready for more speed.

Good Luck Building and Testing,

Mark Sholund

OK Allen, A question for you.
What size props should I use in a twin rigger running .67 greenheads?
better start ABC H-29s reason good smooth hands and need adjust struts or turn fin etc.. then change best matched set H-32 ( very Fast ) for good .67 CMB depend on what kind of twin hull? and pipes? ;) Good Luck!

Back