Round nose

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waltr

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me the ideal or average weight for a 50" roundnose.

That's with motor and hardware.

Thanks,

Walt

Hello all,

Thanks,

Walt
What motor are you running in it, at 50" sounds like a gas boat.

What material is the boat made from, wood or glass?

Typical Nitro Glass round bow 11 1/2 #'s to 13 #'s

Typical Nitro Wood round bow about 1/2-3/4 #'s more.

Gas Round Bow 2-3 #'s heavier

Hello all,

Thanks,

Walt
What motor are you running in it, at 50" sounds like a gas boat.

What material is the boat made from, wood or glass?

Typical Nitro Glass round bow 11 1/2 #'s to 13 #'s

Typical Nitro Wood round bow about 1/2-3/4 #'s more.

Gas Round Bow 2-3 #'s heavier
Good evening Bill,

I'm checking on an old vintage e-bay boat that needs some help.I'm curious about it. It's 53" and has an older CMB 90 in it.I e-mailed the seller asking what it weighed.He told me the boat weighed 22 lbs.

Here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MISS-BARDAHL-RADIO-CON...1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Waltr,

This looks like a semi-scale gas boat with a .90 in it. It isn't a 1/8th scale boat as it is to long & wide for that

The hull looks like the Aeromarine round nose but theirs is only 45" long. The way they have the strut is also kind of interesting, looks like one through the bottom and another transom mounted. At 22 lbs. with the CMB Grand Prix 90 in it the boat migh be capable of some fun running at best, problem with the motor is you can't get parts for them any more, although there are a lot of them out there for spares. If you are looking for a true 1/8th scale boat I'd pass on this one as it is not a boat to race with...........only a fun play toy at best........ B)

Waltr,

This looks like a semi-scale gas boat with a .90 in it. It isn't a 1/8th scale boat as it is to long & wide for that

The hull looks like the Aeromarine round nose but theirs is only 45" long. The way they have the strut is also kind of interesting, looks like one through the bottom and another transom mounted. At 22 lbs. with the CMB Grand Prix 90 in it the boat migh be capable of some fun running at best, problem with the motor is you can't get parts for them any more, although there are a lot of them out there for spares. If you are looking for a true 1/8th scale boat I'd pass on this one as it is not a boat to race with...........only a fun play toy at best........ B)
Thanks for the info Bill. No,I wasn't planning on racing it.I just thought it was an interesting old boat.The strut design cought my eye too.Internal and external support. Different isn't it.

Thanks again,

Walt

Back