Ride surfaces

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Christy

Guys,

I've dug out my '69 Pride of Pay'nPak and started working on it again (It's only been three years so far....) I've been looking at the bottoms of the front sponsons and it looks like they're gonna be REAL sticky as is. I'm wondering if the bottoms can be modified (legally) to loosen them up a bit. You know, steps, vent strips, etc.........

Any input?

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Guys,

I've dug out my '69 Pride of Pay'nPak and started working on it again (It's only been three years so far....) I've been looking at the bottoms of the front sponsons and it looks like they're gonna be REAL sticky as is. I'm wondering if the bottoms can be modified (legally) to loosen them up a bit. You know, steps, vent strips, etc.........

Any input?

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros
Hey Brad-

You are allowed some fleibility as to the running surfaces. You can add steps, air traps etc as long as the bottom of the boat still appears to scale. As printed in current IMPBA rule book-

Hull bottom and running hardware will not be judged or checked. However, hull must

not deviate from conventional 3-point hydro (unless prototype was a different design).

a. Hull bottom must be scale appearing.

b. Belly pants are acceptable to clear engine and/or flywheel.

c. Secondary front sponson running surfaces are optional.

d. Air traps are optional.

Hope this helps. B)

Back