Ride Height for Sport 45 Hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobGutsell

Hi Guys

I have an sport 45 that was built using a couple of outrigger sponsons glued to a sport 45 body. For all intents and purposes the thing looked like a sport 45 and ran very well...........Until last week when a radio problem caused it to hit one of the walls surrounding our local lake, completely demolishing the two sponsons and a small portion of the front of the body. The boat is recoverable and will require two new sponsons and some minor to moderate frontal surgery.

Anyway, the boat always ran about with te underside of th hull about 3/4-1 inch of the water which to m looked too tall. I have two questions;

1. for building the new sponsons where could I get some ideas for shape and construction of the nw sponsons?

2. what would be an "average" ride height for a sport 45 , i'm thinking that as I'm building new sponsons I may as well build the thing closer to the water.

Cheers

Bob

Hi GuysI have an sport 45 that was built using a couple of outrigger sponsons glued to a sport 45 body. For all intents and purposes the thing looked like a sport 45 and ran very well...........Until last week when a radio problem caused it to hit one of the walls surrounding our local lake, completely demolishing the two sponsons and a small portion of the front of the body. The boat is recoverable and will require two new sponsons and some minor to moderate frontal surgery.

Anyway, the boat always ran about with te underside of th hull about 3/4-1 inch of the water which to m looked too tall. I have two questions;

1. for building the new sponsons where could I get some ideas for shape and construction of the nw sponsons?

2. what would be an "average" ride height for a sport 45 , i'm thinking that as I'm building new sponsons I may as well build the thing closer to the water.

Cheers

Bob
I myself like a 3/4" ride height on a 40 boat. I measure this with the afterplane 3/4" flat and above the table.

Back