RHTmarine sport gas

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

namba276

Guys, My latest, and maybe greatest project is a gas sport hydro. I have templates cut out and will be assembling this weekend. The boat resembles my sport 21 hull and will be fully assembled prior to shipping. The boat is 42" long and about 21" wide at it's widest point. It will be light and strong with epoxy cowl and built in radio box. price set at 550.00 plus shipping. thats less than some of the glass boats currently available. stay tuned...

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, Since I was unable to post any new pics here... I went to Jims rcboat dock. There are a few pics in my album. same username, namba 276 on Jims. check it out and tell me what you think. I posted in new builds forum.

thanks, Bob

Bob, saw the pics over there. Looks real good. Any idea what the cowl is gonna be like? What about pricing? I will keep an eye on this. Aaron
Link to the pic: http://www.jrcbd.com/showthread.php?t=18898

Thanks for the link ;)

Cowl will be similar to my 20 boat. 5" wide. the deck will be sheeted. I think I want to hide the pipe, at least most of it. boat has great lines. I will post pics on JRCBD all the way through the build.

price fully built ready for paint 500.00 plus shipping. If it runs like my 21... well it'll be real good. stay tuned!

Thanks for your interest, Bob

Guys, More shop time on my new gasser. I have some new pics over on the dock. check them out!

Thanks, Bob

Guys,

got some time in this weekend. Boats are coming along real well. hull weighs 5 lbs at this point. new pics on the dock.

Bob

Guys,got some time in this weekend. Boats are coming along real well. hull weighs 5 lbs at this point. new pics on the dock.

Bob
Nice work Bob. There is not doubt that you enjoy working with wood. I saw your sander in the background. I have see them in cabneit shops. Never saw one being used. Do you use it on your boats?

Mark

Guys,got some time in this weekend. Boats are coming along real well. hull weighs 5 lbs at this point. new pics on the dock.

Bob
Nice work Bob. There is not doubt that you enjoy working with wood. I saw your sander in the background. I have see them in cabneit shops. Never saw one being used. Do you use it on your boats?

Mark
Sometimes I sand ply down from 3/16" to 1/8" but not too much on the boats.

Thanks, Bob

Guys, I worked on my new gas boats this weekend. find new pics on the dock.

thanks, Bob

Guys, I have the cowl plug for my new gas sport in final prime. ready to wax, buff and lay it up. pictures over on the dock. check it out.

Thanks Bob

Ok bob I'll try to post the pics for you..
gallery_3638_370_38895.jpg
gallery_3638_370_59519.jpg
gallery_3638_370_34446.jpg
gallery_3638_370_54338.jpg
Bob can you give some tips on making a cowl?? making the forum for it and what to use...

2 Things:

1. I cant get on Jim's thanks for posting Miss H, I have tried to register there but it wont let me

2. Very nice looking boat! Good stuff! Looks fast just as it sits!

2 Things:

1. I cant get on Jim's thanks for posting Miss H, I have tried to register there but it wont let me

Thank you very much. Thanks to misshydro as well. My attachments are too large, and I don't know how to reduce them. As far as getting on to jims... just follow their prompts. they email you when you have been accepted. not sure why they do that, but once you get through that it's all good.

thanks guys, Bob

2 Things:

Thank you very much. Thanks to misshydro as well. My attachments are too large, and I don't know how to reduce them. As far as getting on to jims... just follow their prompts. they email you when you have been accepted. not sure why they do that, but once you get through that it's all good.

thanks guys, Bob
Bob I have the same proublem too..Heres what I do with my pics. I post my pics on one of my post on RCU. Then I clic on them ,then do right clic to save pics on my computer.. Then I come back to this site load the pics from my computer pic area.. I have a kodak pic center by is shows my pics to large too like yours does..

Guys, I have a finished cowl mold. I have fitted it to the boat to take pics.You can find them on Jims rc boat dock. I'm unable to post pics here. Take a peek and let me know what you think.

Thanks, Bob

Here ya go-

2o2kx.jpg

19sidc.jpg

Go to tinypic.com and just upload/copy and paste link for forum photo's- its easy.

And before Rick/Ray or Robin say- It must easy be If Andy can do it- :p

Looks good BTW -

Andy

i commented over on the dock but man that a good lookin ride!

Thanks opio, I am very excited about this build. It looks great and has come together with no big issues. everything fits under the cowl and I like where it ended up. I went back to the shop this afternoon and waxed the mold 10 times, buffing between coats. then I shot a coat of pva. it will be ready to lay up very soon. I need to test the boat before getting in production mode.

thanks, Bob

i commented over on the dock but man that a good lookin ride!

Thanks opio, I am very excited about this build. It looks great and has come together with no big issues. everything fits under the cowl and I like where it ended up. I went back to the shop this afternoon and waxed the mold 10 times, buffing between coats. then I shot a coat of pva. it will be ready to lay up very soon. I need to test the boat before getting in production mode.

thanks, Bob
We have a race & test position waiting for you Bob, right behind the 5 Whiplashs :angry:

Just yankin yer chain buddy, looking really really nice !!

Happy new Year :D

Back