RC Marine Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Sellers

Question to the hobby vets. What is a good manufacture of RC marine engines? Where is a good place to purchase them? My local hobby stores don't sell anything unless its RTR.

Im looking into a .67 for a 1/8th scale hydro and .45 for a Sport 40 and Rigger.

Its also important to find someone to supply parts (sleaves, pistons, connecting rods, etc)?

I am looking into the .67 and .45 OPS from.....

http://www.shop.gotnitroonline.com/OPS-Marine-Racing-Engines-and-Pipes-WORLD-CHAMPIONSHIP-20-WINS_c98.htm

Do you guys buy maybe two engines so you have back up parts?

Hi Eric.. first post.. its a good one..

I use CMB engines in my 1/8 scale and my Sport 40.

The 67 HR is a MONSTER in my scale boat and I use a 45RS in my sport 40.

Contact Stu Barr on here and talk to him. Not sure the RS is going to be the right choice for you. Just ask Stu.

BTY. I dont have backup motors. What I have is what I have. 3 years ZERO work on the motors. Use a good fuel and your ready to rock!

Grimracer

Last edited by a moderator:
Eric;

Just as a side note, Al Hobbs on this site as Al Hobbs also is having produced and selling the AA45 inboard marine engine.

I have one that I have been using in a sport-40 for awhile now,, still working the bugs out of the hull.... the engine has treated me great, so far.

Either Stu Barr or Al Hobbs are outstanding folks to deal with, customer service is great from both...

I do have a "stable" full of CMB engines that have been BULLET PROOF You won't be disappointed with either

Glen Quarles sells the Nova's Here in the manufactures section as another choice for a 40 boat and all of the engine suppliers can be found there. All good choices and parts availability

Brad

Back