PT Super Sport 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Ed

I recently picked up a used PT SS45, I plan to strip down and repaint, I have seen them set-up with radio box in front and in back, which way seems to work best ?? Also this hull has to have the bottom modified in order to be legal in Namba. How will this change effect the the way it runs ??

Thanks for any helpfull info.

Glad to hear the bottom mod makes it run better :D , but would a radio box in front balance better rather than a fuel tank that will change CG as boat runs low on fuel :unsure:

I have the front radio box in mine, with a 16oz fule tank along the CG under the STBD deck

A 1oz hopper tank right under the carb

So, the answer to your question, I guess I like the front radio box.

I have the stealth cowling, and the front box alows the pipe to be run down inside the tub and out the transom, for a real clean look.

Did you happen to win the red one from EBAY?

Rick

No I got this on a trade for a pipe !! :p Yes mine has the stealth type cowl, and I plan to have the exhaust out the transom for that clean look. Radio box up front. Thanks for your info.

I'm putting a purple head CMB 45 that I have apart at the moment, can anyone tell me how many needle bearings is there suppose to be I counted 17 ?

Thanks

I'm putting a purple head CMB 45 that I have apart at the moment, can anyone tell me how many needle bearings is there suppose to be I counted 17 ?
Thanks
17 is correct. Ask me how I know! :p

What is the "bottom mod" that's needed on the PTSS45?????
HI Jim The mod is to do with the belly pan depth It lowers the floor of the tunnels the meet the 1/2 inch deep spec.

Namba has a rule proposal to be voted on now to eliminate this rule.

We have found that this really improved the airflow and has less lift so we can set the struts shallower and the boat will not blow off.

I will be making new boats with the modded bottom It can be added easily if you want to make a old hull better.

here are some pictures of the mod.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=832

PHIL

HI Jim The mod is to do with the belly pan depth It lowers the floor of the tunnels the meet the 1/2 inch deep spec.

We have found that this really improved the airflow and has less lift so we can set the struts shallower and the boat will not blow off.

I will be making new boats with the modded bottom It can be added easily if you want to make a old hull better.

PHIL
DADDY PHIL hows the new boat coming? Hope its done by your B-DAY.....he he he Mikey

Thanks Phil!

That's crystal clear. It can only make an outstanding hull design even better!

PHIL
Phil thanks for the pics, you also have PM

Ed

Latest posts

Back