PT SSP21 Setup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tampa1330

I'm laying out a SSP21 Drive line system and was curious what pipe lengths you guys are running on your sport 21's. I'm using an Axe Rossi 21 with a CMDi parabolic pipe. I haven't cut the pipe yet. I'm thinking I'm gonna need to lop off about 2 inches. I do have 3 pipes to choose from, an AB 21 SS, AB 21 Parabolic and an OPS 3280. Here's a pic............

DSC00508.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Travis

Tampa,

you were wondering what to do with your OPS 3280 pipe?

Wonder no more, I run my SSP 21 with the 3280 pipe on a Novarossi LS.

GPS'd so far between 53.4 to 54.9 mph, testing is done for now until Spring.

pipe length is at 8 1/2 inches to fattest part.

Dan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tampa,

Dan.
Yeah I was contemplating selling it but I might just hang on to it so I have some testing variables. That parabolic pipe sure does look nice all polished, but It's really for a rear exhaust engine. The OPS I can get it to 8"+/- but i'd have to chop that parabolic pipe so far down that I'd probably ruin it.

Tampa,

Dan.
Yeah I was contemplating selling it but I might just hang on to it so I have some testing variables. That parabolic pipe sure does look nice all polished, but It's really for a rear exhaust engine. The OPS I can get it to 8"+/- but i'd have to chop that parabolic pipe so far down that I'd probably ruin it.
You're never going to see that shiny pipe with the cowl on. I run a 3280 at 3 1/2 inches from the plug to the weld...measuring from the plug,around the header with my nifty power surge gauge is 8 1/4 inches. motor is a Nova Rossi.

Contemplating getting into sport20 . I was wondering about is what props are being used ?

Thanks Ed

Contemplating getting into sport20 . I was wondering about is what props are being used ?
Thanks Ed
I like two blade props in the ball park of 40mm. I plan to use a 1445 cut to 42 and cupped. The engine I'm using was setup in another boat that ran really good with an x440/3 and an X442.

Back