PT SS21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buck Do you not have the setup sheets? What radio box setup and cowl do you have?

The motor fits in front of the bellypan step and as far forward as possible, but dont get the header too close to the front radio box.

Buck Do you not have the setup sheets? What radio box setup and cowl do you have?

The motor fits in front of the bellypan step and as far forward as possible, but dont get the header too close to the front radio box.
Yes I have the setup sheets and they do not say where to put the motor. I'm using a 180* style motor and I'm going to build a custom radio box up front and fuel cells behind and next to the motor with the stealth cowling.

Putting the motor as far forward as possible? Well how far forward is too far? :huh:

Phil, how far forward from the bellypan step is your boat set up?

:)

-Buck-

NEver sold any with out a radio box? Just put the motor engine nut about 1/2" from the rear of the belly pan. Good luck making a radiobox it is a tight spot. Just get the balance point close it will be ok. New epoxglass box $25

PHIL

Hi Phil,

I never said that I did not have the radio box that came with the boat. I actually have both front and rear versions as I didn't know what motor I wanted to use. They both have really small openings. :huh:

1/2" from the end of the collate to the belly pan step. Thank You. :)

-Buck-

Hi Phil,

I never said that I did not have the radio box that came with the boat. I actually have both front and rear versions as I didn't know what motor I wanted to use. They both have really small openings. :huh:

1/2" from the end of the collate to the belly pan step. Thank You. :)

-Buck-
Maybe you have one of the early front radio box that had a higher part under the center of the cowl with a small clear lid. That was a pain to work with.

I since have made the opening wider but it wtill is a bit cramped.

A standard size rudder servo laid horizontal and two hitec 85 mini servos work well. Also use a 4 cell square pack battery.

Here is an Idea. You could cut out the engine well sides in the front and make the radio box wider to fit under the deck on each side to give you more room. Put the battery on the left if possible. then the steering servo, throttle and mix servos, then the reciever on the right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you have one of the early front radio box that had a higher part under the center of the cowl with a small clear lid. That was a pain to work with.
Yep that's the one I've got. That is why I'm going with something a little more user friendly. :)

Are you still using 8* for motor angle?

-Buck-

Back