PT Sport 40 Rudder

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raydee

I ran my PT Sport 40 yesterday for the first time and it turns on a dime. I think i can cut the ruddder down some for sure but I have no idea how much. I am using the Speedmaster 21 size tapered rudder.

As i have learned by a super guy here put your prop vertical and measure one inch down from bottom of blade then cut it.

On my PT 40 the rudder is 5 1/8 " long from the top to the bottom. Make sure not to get to short, when you go into the corner you do not want that rudder to come out of the water.

BigBryon

I ran my PT Sport 40 yesterday for the first time and it turns on a dime. I think i can cut the ruddder down some for sure but I have no idea how much. I am using the Speedmaster 21 size tapered rudder.
4 inches below the bottom of the boat is where mine is cut off.

The setup info shows that, if you cant read look at the pictures HA

You could use the speedmaster mini 21 hydro rudder too. It is thinner and shorter

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, I actually lost the instructions somewhere in my mess of a build area. I will take the rudder down 1/2" and that will put it at 4" below the transom.

Back