Prop suggestions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim_Duggan

Hey Guys,

I've got a friend who's aquired a 2nd hand sport 40 that is OPS45 disk valve powered. He'll be using 50% nitro and running at sea level. I don't know what type of hull it is or how heavy unfortunately.

Any prop suggestions? A good starting point for props is what I'm after. I have no idea what props to work with on these boats and would like to try & point him in the right direction.

Thanks,

Tim.

Hey Guys,I've got a friend who's aquired a 2nd hand sport 40 that is OPS45 disk valve powered. He'll be using 50% nitro and running at sea level. I don't know what type of hull it is or how heavy unfortunately.

Any prop suggestions? A good starting point for props is what I'm after. I have no idea what props to work with on these boats and would like to try & point him in the right direction.

Thanks,

Tim.
Try a x450 should get you close

Thanks for the reply Mike! B) Was that X450/3 or X450/2

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tim,

The boat has a prather 230 on her i also have a x548 and a x646/3 will these work alright too??

Thank you for all the replies!

Rick - the boat is actually OzBryan's. I'm sure he will contact you regarding the props on offer.

Tim.

P.S Once again I'm in awe of the willingness for people to help each other out on IW.

P.S Once again I'm in awe of the willingness for people to help each other out on IW.
Well said Tim! I must say ive learnt most of what i know from here or Tim. Great to see people willing to help!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gaday All

Hay guys Next club day sould Ge everyone up thats got GPs (sport 40) to birng them out and make a day of it . im keen :unsure:

I Ran this boat today for the first time and man they are different to drive to a outboard LOL!

The boat ran good on the 230 and 50% nitro.... still a bit fat but it was quick!

VERY HAPPY!

Yeah looked good bryan. I'd definitely go with a 450 3 blader after what I saw it doing yesterday. The extra blade should give some extra lift in the tail as well.

Cheers

Bob

Back