Prop selection for older Muck hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOTTI

I have an older Steve Muck 1/8th scale Circus Circus turbine style hull. Its powered by an OPS .60 or .65. I also beleive the hull to be on the heavy. I have not officially put the hull on a scale but it does seam to be. What do you guys recommend for a good starter prop(s)? The last time I ran this hull (with 25% nitro) it never seemed to get the rear of the boat up and ride level. I recently installed autobailers so that should help. But I am interested to see what you guys recommend for props.

Would a higher % nitro help? This is just for a sport hydro not a sanctioned race hull.

I have an older Steve Muck 1/8th scale Circus Circus turbine style hull. Its powered by an OPS .60 or .65. I also beleive the hull to be on the heavy. I have not officially put the hull on a scale but it does seam to be. What do you guys recommend for a good starter prop(s)? The last time I ran this hull (with 25% nitro) it never seemed to get the rear of the boat up and ride level. I recently installed autobailers so that should help. But I am interested to see what you guys recommend for props.

Would a higher % nitro help? This is just for a sport hydro not a sanctioned race hull.
Keep running your 25%. It is cheaper and you will less likely blow a motor.

Props I use in 1/8 scale on a turbine style boat...

x455/ 3 blade

x457/ 3 blade and x460 2 blade.

With your motor and fuel combo, I would start with the smaller prop.

Brian

When I had my Muck hydro w/an OPS .67 red head I used predominately X-457 2 blades. The three blades were good for speed on the corners but they weren't for the straights.

Try running it one time w/o the cowl, the increase in speed will blow your mind.

Try a 1455 or 1457 2-blade, the 1400 seires props have more lift and should help get the transom up.

Don :)

Gotti,

I have some(1455 or 1457's) if you would like to try them.

Good Luck Tuning,

Mark Sholund

thanks guys for your advice. I will definetly try these props as soon as the weather warms.

Back