Progress on sport 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My question is, how many animal crackers does it take to build a sport 40? :lol: Looking good, you've got about 2 months to finish it. ;)

As a fellow scratch builder..... just a thought you might want to consider fiberglassing in those blind nuts for the motor mount and turn fin they tend to pop out when you're boat is completed and after vibration and stress loosen them up :angry: . i put grease(vasaline) in the hole to prevent the epoxy from getting in and i glass them in............... just a thought ;)

Yeah ..... I was thinking of what would happen when or if that were to be the case .so I did glass them in hopefully GOOD !

Ed

Thanks for the heads up

What I did was replase the mahogany with ply and used it as my pattern . Clamped them all together and then drilled my holes .

Ed

I have just two questions:

1) Did you use the mahogany supplied in the kit or replace it with good quality wood?

2) Did ou cut lightening holes in all the framing under the deck?

#1 - I used aircraft ply I had left over from some tunnels. 1/8 for the main frames ,1/16 for 2 of the cross overs , doubled 1/8 by turn fin and engine bay areas . The only mahoganoy was the framing in the sponson(1 & 1A) .

#2 - not all no.

This should help

Ed

http://www.putfile.com/edr905/images/75110

Thanks Rod. Wish I had more time , Gotta get ready for the CMB Tunnel race and get this done as well . Next boat I'm gona try the auto air paints .

Looking good. Is that Carolina (UNC) blue? ;) Looks like you're making good progress on having it ready by April 15.

Thanks Chuck , NO it's not UNC blue . Thats one thing I learned when I came down here . Becareful what college ya pull fer. We have a diehard NC state fan at work . Man there serious about that stuff . Basketball around the corner.

Ed

Hows things at home ? Getting close aren't ya .

Yes, college rivalries around here are quite strong.

About the other thing, yup, it's getting close, expected day is next Sunday. We'll actually be going to UNC hospital, it's the closest and supposed to be the best in the area. Everything looks good, thanks for asking. I'll be taking a week off work so I'm working on a list of boat stuff to order so I can use the time at home get a couple more boats ready to race this year. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep thats close...... Good luck tell your wife the same . I'm sure you'll let us know how it went . Congrats on the week off of work and being able to do boat stuff , even better.

Ed

Well it didn'y come out that bad . Paint and clear are done just need to put it together going to start after the CMB tunnel race.Has a little clear over spray I'm taking care of tonight .

Hopefully I can get it running OK . That will take some time . Thinking of the next build , maybe something for the boys they already have a TS2 but theres 1 boat 3 kids ;)

Ed

http://www.putfile.com/edr905/images/75110

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back