Pipe recommendations for OPS 67

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Knight

Supporting Member
I am looking for a good pipe for my OPS 67 powered scale boat. I currently have a SPP carbon fibre pipe which worked great, but I think the resin has started to break down from the heat(it leaks air and oil). I have a couple of pipes I am going to try, but I'm interested in what others have had success with.

I am looking for a good pipe for my OPS 67 powered scale boat. I currently have a SPP carbon fibre pipe which worked great, but I think the resin has started to break down from the heat(it leaks air and oil). I have a couple of pipes I am going to try, but I'm interested in what others have had success with.
Gaday Craig

Mate i was using a Ab black pipe that CMB made when Andy was apart of the CMB camp .

You can get them from Grinter it ran good in my Bardahl running a 67 OPS with a 9B carb till i

shitted out rods x4 in 4 meets :blink: . Ive now got 1 of Aarons green heads and no more breaks :p

Brad

Gaday Craig

Mate i was using a Ab black pipe that CMB made when Andy was apart of the CMB camp .

You can get them from Grinter it ran good in my Bardahl running a 67 OPS with a 9B carb till i

shitted out rods x4 in 4 meets :blink: . Ive now got 1 of Aarons green heads and no more breaks :p

Brad
MACS 11cc marine pipe with T-Mod stinger muffler @ 10-3/4. OT wash the pipe out good after any rod failures. You'll just suck debris back into the motor. :eek: B)

Thanks Brad- one of the pipes I have to try is an AB black pipe. My motor has the needle roller bearing and so far I've had no rod troubles. I'm more concerned about the crank pin letting go.

Thanks Ray- The other pipe I have is a MACS pipe, but I think it's the 13cc version. Are there any measurements I can take to confirm if it is a 11cc or 13cc pipe.

Thanks Brad- one of the pipes I have to try is an AB black pipe. My motor has the needle roller bearing and so far I've had no rod troubles. I'm more concerned about the crank pin letting go. Thanks Ray- The other pipe I have is a MACS pipe, but I think it's the 13cc version. Are there any measurements I can take to confirm if it is a 11cc or 13cc pipe.
Craig, I have a MACS 11 CC and 13 CC unmuffeled and a 13 CC super quiet. I'll take some measurements for you. Glenn

Thanks Brad- one of the pipes I have to try is an AB black pipe. My motor has the needle roller bearing and so far I've had no rod troubles. I'm more concerned about the crank pin letting go. Thanks Ray- The other pipe I have is a MACS pipe, but I think it's the 13cc version. Are there any measurements I can take to confirm if it is a 11cc or 13cc pipe.
Craig, I have a MACS 11 CC and 13 CC unmuffeled and a 13 CC super quiet. I'll take some measurements for you. Glenn
Old MAC 11 CC= Inlet I.D. .657", stinger I.D. .406", O.D. at largest Dia. 2.061". 13 CC MAC= Inlet I.D. .790, stinger I.D. ..423", Largest O.D. 2.230". MAC super quiet 13 CC # `1382 Inlet I.D. .778", stinger I.D. .432", Largest O.D. 2.235". Hope this helps, GlennP.S. Old 11 CC pipe was bought in the 1980's, other two were bought in this century. :lol:

Hello Craig .

Without knowing how much NITRO you are using , makes it a bit hard to compare with what I have experienced . I have only used a maximum of 30 % NITRO in my OPS 67 motors with bushed rods and used the OPS 6280 Nitro Pipe and a Prather 11 - 15 cc aftermuffler , with fairly good performance and not too much noise . I hope this helps with your enquiries , and compliments of THE FIVE FINGER DISCOUNTS episode at my house a few months ago I have more of these pipes than OPS 67 motors .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

I just got a OPS .67 quiet pipe for my .67, have not run it but it hopefully will go well. I am running the setup in a older Seaducer

I have an OPS 67 Blue Head I am putting into a Dumas Circus Circus converted to the 1988 Miller High Life U-31. I have the OPS 11cc tuned pipe and Prather add-on. I was looking at the new CMDI AB67 pipe. Would that work or should I try the MACS pipe instead?

P.S. Where do I find the MACS pipes?

Another quality option is the International/Steve Muck 11 cc pipe... previously known as the 604. Don't know what it is called today, but it's 11cc. Very good torque and top-end depending on your application. I know they have been hard to come by in years past, but I think a couple recent production runs have made them more available. Start at about 12 1/4" from the plug to start (with a heavier scale) and work in from there. You should be able to get to almost 11 1/4" with a screamin' scale.

David Jensen

Back