Pipe Length

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Laing

Help,

Phil T 1/8th scale, CMB 67 motor, CMB fatty pipe with add on muffler. Anyone have a suggestion on setting the pipe length? Yes, taking a break from NATS planning and working on a hull.

Thanks,

Mike Laing

PMBC

Help,
Phil T 1/8th scale, CMB 67 motor, CMB fatty pipe with add on muffler. Anyone have a suggestion on setting the pipe length? Yes, taking a break from NATS planning and working on a hull.

Thanks,

Mike Laing

PMBC
Starter out a bit long say 12" but make it so you can get to 11" when the time comes.

I guess measuring points are an issue. I assume you are measuring from plug center to weld.

I measure fromstart of exhaust header to weld. Although I use a Muck pipe with after muffler my max length is 10 3/4 and generally my optimum performance is dropped to 10 inches. However, I see few boats that can drop to 10 inches in scale and make it work.

Another issue is, were are you running at?

Southern state? hot and humid, at sea level?

Out west, north, cooler temps and wet, Altitude??

South West, hot and dry? Altitude??

What prop are you planning to run?

weight of your boat?

All things to consider!!

Southern states (Florida) running 12 to 16 pound scales w/ S255 prop

I run at 11-7/8" to 12" Measured from center line of cylinder, along the legnth of the pipe, to the weld, or on the CMB fat pipe, to the seam.

Rick Bellinger

Excellent point on demographics Rick. I primarily run in the arrid dry areas of the Northwest as part of RCU.

Back