pipe length setting

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinslip

Hi guys...I know the topic has been beat to death but I'm new at this and need help. I have included pictures for help. Is this where the measurement starts? And where does it end? The pipe has a flat spot on it. Do I measure at the center of the flat or the very end of the pipe??

thanks Norm

DSC04877.JPG

DSC04878.JPG

Thats a 2" band pipe. Measure from the exhaust flange (where the header flange meets the exhaust port on the engine) to the CENTER of the band.

Hi again...I've pulled the pipe as far back as my header will allow and I can't get more then 12.5" My header is just too short. Is there a possibility that my tuned dimension is more then 12.5"? Are there longer headers available?

thanks Norm

Hi again...I've pulled the pipe as far back as my header will allow and I can't get more then 12.5" My header is just too short. Is there a possibility that my tuned dimension is more then 12.5"? Are there longer headers available?

thanks Norm

i make measuments from rear face of the header like you have done ,then to the peak in the cone not the centre of the band ,then i dont know what work has been done to your engine or props too .

hope this helps you ,this is the way i have always done it nitro and gas. correct me if im wrong.

cheers wayne

Latest posts

Back