Pipe length for a sport 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawdaddy

On my riggers I would normally start at 10.5". Does this sound about right for a sport boat. The spec are as follows:

Hull- AC (don't know if it is a I or II)

Engine- CMB goldhead

Pipe- CMDI parabolic

Prop- X450/3 and X448

Thanks for any and all help. I should also add that this is a new motor running on Power master 60% fuel. Ryon Shaw

I am no expert, and I also run at high altitude(4800ft), but in my sport 40 I am running at 9 1/4.

Phil Thomas Sport 40

CMB HR and gold head

Irwin quiet pipe (canister muffler with the flat end)

x450-3,

Cliff

I'll try this again. I run an Ac sport 40 pro II with a CMB RS 45 and a Macs Products 7.5 quiet pipe set @ 10''. I don't have to change the length from sea level to 3300'. Shannon

I'll try this again. I run an Ac sport 40 pro II with a CMB RS 45 and a Macs Products 7.5 quiet pipe set @ 10''. I don't have to change the length from sea level to 3300'. Shannon
Hull- AC (don't know if it is a I or II)

Engine- CMB goldhead

Pipe- CMDI parabolic

Prop- X450/3 and X448

The CMDI pipe should go ok at 10" probally get it close to 9 1/2 if you dont have too big a load.

You upgraded to a Pro II and RS 45 and a mac 7.5 pipe that sounds good too, just watch out it may hold too much heat being the muffled one. I thought some have run the mac airplane style 60 muffled pipe on their 45 engines..

PHIL T

Latest posts

Back