Pipe-header- QUICK HELP NEEDED

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

:huh: Wanting to make my pipe slide outside the header- know were I need to be lenght wise overall. Question is- should I leave the header the standard 4 inches and trim the pipe just enough to slip over- or do I take some from the header and some from the pipe to get my overall lenght ?? Make sense ? HELP QUICK- tools in hand and this is holding me up .....Need to test in the AM. :eek:

To get the header inside the pipe Im gonna need to take approx 2 inches off the end of the pipe. Thats just about were I need to start on max lenght of the pipe. Is it gonna hurt to have the extra lenght of header inside the pipe? I guess is the real question should I cut the extra bit off the header that sits inside the pipe or not ?????

Last edited by a moderator:
:huh: Wanting to make my pipe slide outside the header- know were I need to be lenght wise overall. Question is- should I leave the header the standard 4 inches and trim the pipe just enough to slip over- or do I take some from the header and some from the pipe to get my overall lenght ?? Make sense ? HELP QUICK- tools in hand and this is holding me up .....Need to test in the AM. :eek:
To get the header inside the pipe Im gonna need to take approx 2 inches off the end of the pipe. Thats just about were I need to start on max lenght of the pipe. Is it gonna hurt to have the extra lenght of header inside the pipe? I guess is the real question should I cut the extra bit off the header that sits inside the pipe or not ?????
Headers are cheaper than pipes, cut the header. You do not want the header extending into the pipe past where the flat ends & the front cone taper begins. B)

Headers are cheaper than pipes, cut the header. You do not want the header extending into the pipe past where the flat ends & the front cone taper begins. B)
Thanks Don, the cutting begins ;)

Its gonna feel good to do some laps with this thing-Ive had it over a month and its yet to get wet :p

Go get um Andy. Sounds like you got the engine in OK and after you finish up the pipe you will be on the lake running 62 mph straightaways. See you next week. Please wave when you go by me. Perry

Go get um Andy. Sounds like you got the engine in OK and after you finish up the pipe you will be on the lake running 62 mph straightaways. See you next week. Please wave when you go by me. Perry
Thanks Perry , but I will reserve comment untill this afternoon. And by the way your boats running this year, your going to be the one waving. B)

Andy

I put alot of effort into our pipes. I use a Muck .67 and cut about the first 3 inches off. I then have a piece of aluminum pipe about 3 inches long, that has an ID just larger than my header heliarced, to the Muck. Now I can easily adjust pipe length in a telescoping sense. My coupler lasts much longer this way too.

I put alot of effort into our pipes. I use a Muck .67 and cut about the first 3 inches off. I then have a piece of aluminum pipe about 3 inches long, that has an ID just larger than my header heliarced, to the Muck. Now I can easily adjust pipe length in a telescoping sense. My coupler lasts much longer this way too.

PS Ive found the best aluminum pipe to be off of a cheap golf ball retriever. They're good for about 15 extenders, LOL.

Latest posts

Back