Pipe for sport 20

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duck899

Guys, What is a good quiet pipe for a Phil Thomas sport 20 hull with a Nova-rossi engine? How are the Irwin muffled pipes?

Rob I've never tried a Cooper pipe on a Nova Rossi but I like the CMDI Fat pipe but you have to run it short because it has more volume than most others.

Guys, What is a good quiet pipe for a Phil Thomas sport 20 hull with a Nova-rossi engine? How are the Irwin muffled pipes?
If you have the irwin try it but it is an older design, the newer cooper pipes are better setups.

The cooperpipe will fit just fine but you should get the 21 QFE it is for the front exhaust engines with the 180 header.

The QHP should work too, but I have not used this one yet. Plus the new pipe comes with a dual exhaust stingers that would make an under the deck install a bit more tricky.

Rocket city has the 21 QFE pipe too.

The black novirossi pipe with a stinger muffler works too and some like the ops 21 pipe.

PHIL T

If you have the irwin try it but it is an older design, the newer cooper pipes are better setups.

The cooperpipe will fit just fine but you should get the 21 QFE it is for the front exhaust engines with the 180 header.

The QHP should work too, but I have not used this one yet. Plus the new pipe comes with a dual exhaust stingers that would make an under the deck install a bit more tricky.

Rocket city has the 21 QFE pipe too.

The black novirossi pipe with a stinger muffler works too and some like the ops 21 pipe.

PHIL T
The QHP would look cool with dual outlets coming out of the transom,but a bit more complicated routing like Phil said.

Last edited by a moderator:
what the difference between the QFE and QHP
Email [email protected] for more info

I was thinking the QFE is the pipe Cooper has had for a couple years and it was a big improvement over the older ones and the Irwin.

The new QHP is the newest design that should get more rpm and power without getting hot. There was a post about some testing done in Tampa last month and the new pipes looked real good it was reported.

I just installed one in my SuperSport21 sport hydro and it fit ok but I did cutout a part of the engine well floor to get more clearance so the pipe would not hit the cowl. The muffler part is the same diameter but the pipes cone is about .200 bigger.

The QFE I had in the boat was set about 8 1/2 The new QHP setup is at 7 1/2 from the plug to the weld at max diameter on the pipe.

The operating range listed on the package for the 21 QHP shows 7 to 8 inches, so these new ones operate about an inch shorter.

Now all I have to do is wait for better weather :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back