PIP .45 help needed..

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunn

I posted some of aprox. a month ago but my repairs did not work..

I am having problems with my pip .45 the aluminum wedge thing that is pressed fit into the barrel assembly that is rotated by the pin on the crank, has been repaired once with loc-tite retainining compound (I beleive it was formula 680 )and once with J-B weld the original/slow cure formula.

I did have this engine up and running for about half a tank of fuel in my phil thomas sport 45 and it was working awesome.

I would like to know if anone has any spare parts and in particular the steel tubular part and the aluminum

wedge that is pressed inside acting as a ramp for the fuel to enter the engine.

Or

What I could use to hold the aluminum part inside the steel tubular part.

I tried swelling the aluminum part by hitting it around the perimeter with a punch and had a nice tight fit then I applied the j-b weld.

I thought it would take but it did not. :angry:

Thanks

terry

Terry

Why don't you send me the ramp and drum. I should be able to turn one out of delrin and press it in. Parts are kind of hard to come by.

Mike

You could also do away with the aluminum ramp part and just form it out of JB weld. Clean the drum rotor and rough it up at the area where the ramp is supposed to be and set it up on an angle and mix up the JB weld and place it in the rotor and make sure it is formed to your satisfaction and let it cure. I've done mods to boost ports in control-line engines (blocking the boost ports) with no issues of the JB weld coming loose. Otherwise take Mike up on his offer. Mike is one of the good guys.....

Thanks for your offer mike I appreciate it.

The j-b weld held fine but the steel drum part broke,seizing the engine causing me that part, piston and liner.

that engine was working awesome when it worked.

There was a guy on here that had some parts I will try and find him in my other posts.

or I will install the .45 ops i bought off here as a "spare".

I had a feeling about that engine it's a shame it looks like new and has a ton of compression.

Thanks

Terry

Back