piano wire for antena??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mt. gay rum

I notice alot of scales have this for an antena... how do you connect this and is it piano wire...i really like it because its hard to notice....thanks for your help....

Mike, I use that one in all of my scale boats and a couple of my riggers. It's made by Hayes and you can get them from Tower. Depending on the radio you use it may take some work to install them right. They run about $6 ot $7.

I notice alot of scales have this for an antena... how do you connect this and is it piano wire...i really like it because its hard to notice....thanks for your help....
It is good working and RX antenne wire coil( good propery striaght line dont cross over wire) onto round piece wood 2 inches then put black electric tape cover and connect to piano wire about more than 15 inches long :ph34r: Warning : watch out piano wire top end sharp so have to nose plier turn around- eye because someone or pitman hit to hurt eye cause blind from piano wire Good luck! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the easiest thing to do is mount one of Dubro's antenna mounts through the radio box. It has an 8/32" set screw to tighten up the piano wire. The wire can exit stright up or at a 90 degree angle. I cut my antenne wire from the RX at 8" or so and silver solder on a small alligater clip (brass coated preferably) and clip it to the part of Dubo Mount inside the radio box. Works likes charm and is totally waterproof. Like the one guy was saying, you do need to take a small pair of needle nose pliers and bend an circle in the top of the wire. I have also gotten small beads from a craft store and CA'd them on the tip of the wire. Usually stays on until you wreck and the cowling comes off and takes the bead with it.

Another great little radio box goody is the Parson's Products Battery wire/Reciever wire connector clips that prevent them from seperating and putting your boat out of control.

Dubro Antenna Mount, Tower p/n LDX588

Parsons Products Conecter Clips, Tower p/n LDX785

Marty told me you are bringing a lot of your buddies out to the NW Scale race in October. Don't forget the lighter fluid! Look forward to seeing you again.

Mike

Thanks for the help guys,,, my new elam will have this set up ,, and yes will have a a couple of more racers comming your way for the NWSC.... :lol:

Back