Phil Thomas T-5 Hull Set up

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Jones

Supporting Member
For those of you running this hull w/ nitro motor, what pipe/prop combo seems to work well? I'll be running a .67 Picco Blue Head w/ a Bob Violet remote valve. It seems to me that a few years back, guys were having success running a 13cc black pipe made by CMB? Any comments?

Rich

For those of you running this hull w/ nitro motor, what pipe/prop combo seems to work well? I'll be running a .67 Picco Blue Head w/ a Bob Violet remote valve. It seems to me that a few years back, guys were having success running a 13cc black pipe made by CMB? Any comments?

Rich
Rich the pipe you are refering to is called the "Big Belly Pipe" by CMB, I would used the 67 (11cc)

pipe personally, I run mine set at 11 7/8" from center of engine to weld on pipe. It has been reported

that the Andy Brown Parabolic pipe works very good as well in a scale application. I have one of them on order to try next season in my 1980 Bud backup boat & my Bud T-4

Yup, that was the "big belly" CMB 67 pipe. Original stinger was too small & alot of people drilled 4 1/8" holes at 90 degree intervals right where the convergent cone meets stinger. We actually welded on new stingers, a total pain in the butt on those thin pipes. That set up made power ..... when conditions where favorable. High heat & higher humidity of the "dog days of summer" sometimes made for a long day at the pond with that pipe. Also can be very touchy on the needle settings even on a light boat like a rigger. I still have one with the new stinger, haven't touched it in a number of years. I'm real happy with the CMD parabolic pipe, plenty of power, easy to hit the needle & meets the dB limits. ;)

Octura x457 3 blade tends to be my prop of choice on scale boats. They are much smoother to drive with 3 blades. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back