Phil Thomas SuperSport 45 Canards

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raydee

I am getting ready to mount my canard wings on my PT45 and I just want to make sure I have them right where they need to be. I saw a post or a pic gallery of a build showing a guy mounting the wings, does anyone have the link? Also should I sand down the seam on the sponson before I mount the wings?

I am getting ready to mount my canard wings on my PT45 and I just want to make sure I have them right where they need to be. I saw a post or a pic gallery of a build showing a guy mounting the wings, does anyone have the link? Also should I sand down the seam on the sponson before I mount the wings?
You need to roughen up any area that your going to glue on.

The flat side goes up.

Mikey I thought about that too and decided to just give the seam just a little smoothing but leave most of it there. I have the wings tacked in place and will epoxy them later tonight.

Thanks for the help.

That is how I did mine too. I am glad I asked Phil before I started them or I may have done only the slots on the nose and not the sponsons.

I smoothed the seams down on my T-5 hull. There were a couple places where I went a little far. I mixed up batch of epoxy and put in alot of microballons. Seems to make a good patch. These voids won't fill w/ evercoat, its too lightweight. Tried it and they push right in. The epoxy mix works good though. I'm just talking about some small stuff mind you.

I am glad I installed them now after trying to decide if I really wanted to or not. If anything they make the hull look a lot better.

Latest posts

Back