phil thomas ss 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tunnel290

I am a going to be a proud new owner of a ss45. I want to do a nice paint job and make the boats' paint job scale to the paint job of a real boat. Can yall send pic of boats and give me tips on good paint and were to get graphics?

I am a going to be a proud new owner of a ss45. I want to do a nice paint job and make the boats' paint job scale to the paint job of a real boat. Can yall send pic of boats and give me tips on good paint and were to get graphics?

I just laid the Oh Berto graphics on my PT 82U55 Scale and SS 45. Dont have pics of them yet but I will soon I hope. I also have to get some Green and Red paint on the Sport before it will be ready for clear.

You can get graphics from Wes Elett who is on this board as Wesley's Custom Graphics.

Ron

If you have a Tap Plastics near you, they do great lettering and have decal books w/thousands of emblems. Plus if you J-Peg a disk for them they can make custom graphics. The other thing I liked about Tap is their graphics are fuel proof (meaning you can clear coat them as well as not clear coat them) and they hold up great. They peel right off of a sheet and are super thin. Once you clear them they look painted on.

When I did my PT SS 45 I did the Kellogg's race boat theme and it looked awesome. That is a great design for a sport look. Also easy to do are:

1) Tide that's a cool 3 color boat and decals are way easy to get

2) Llumar bright yellow and can't be missed

3) Budweiser not my favorite but **** easy to do as one color. I think it's Red?? :lol: :lol:

4) 7-Eleven there '86/'87 boat was red, white and blue

5) Interstate Batteries Anti-freeze green and black always look wicked

6) #6 I can't tell you because that's my next paint scheme...... :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Follow the link to some pics of what I have so far. The Sport 40 is going to get some green and red accents next and then both will be clear coated.

Oh Boy Oberto's

Ron

Hey Ron,

Check the year of your newly painted Oberto. It is the MHR # 8255: 1984 U-40 Oh Boy Oberto. Your photos say 1974. Looks good so far. Will be interested in seeing the completed pics, ready to go.

Bad news is - - Jackson has a new U-40 Amer. Speedy (yellow/red), that is quicker than the Blue one. CHEERS !!! Bob

Hey Ron,

Check the year of your newly painted Oberto. It is the MHR # 8255: 1984 U-40 Oh Boy Oberto. Your photos say 1974. Looks good so far. Will be interested in seeing the completed pics, ready to go.

Bad news is - - Jackson has a new U-40 Amer. Speedy (yellow/red), that is quicker than the Blue one. CHEERS !!! Bob

OOPS that would be a typo on my part!

Last edited:
Back