Pacfic NW Thunderboat Assocation

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty Shallenberger

I would like to introduce a recently formed NAMBA District 8 club called the “Pacific Northwest Thunderboat Association”. We are a group of hydroplane enthusiasts that enjoy building and racing radio controlled scale hydroplanes of all types. This new club will consist of two classes of boats that will run heat races around the greater Seattle area. The first are the Classic Thunderboats, the enormously popular and recognized NAMBA class that is made up of boats that are built and painted in the “Spirit” of the Thunderboats that ran in the 50’s and 60’s. This class runs stock 25.99cc motors. The Scale Hydroplane class will include the older round nose boats along with modern pickle fork boats that are still racing today. This scale class will be allowed to use modified 26.99cc motors without pull starters. The boats must be built and configured in the likeness and proportion of the unlimited hydroplane that it is modeled after. For information regarding the PNW Thunderboat Association and the NW Scale Hydroplane Championship race please visit www.pnwta.org

Marty Shallenberger

PNW Thunderboat Association

I would like to introduce a recently formed NAMBA District 8 club called the “Pacific Northwest Thunderboat Association”. We are a group of hydroplane enthusiasts that enjoy building and racing radio controlled scale hydroplanes of all types. This new club will consist of two classes of boats that will run heat races around the greater Seattle area. The first are the Classic Thunderboats, the enormously popular and recognized NAMBA class that is made up of boats that are built and painted in the “Spirit” of the Thunderboats that ran in the 50’s and 60’s. This class runs stock 25.99cc motors. The Scale Hydroplane class will include the older round nose boats along with modern pickle fork boats that are still racing today. This scale class will be allowed to use modified 26.99cc motors without pull starters. The boats must be built and configured in the likeness and proportion of the unlimited hydroplane that it is modeled after. For information regarding the PNW Thunderboat Association and the NW Scale Hydroplane Championship race please visit www.pnwta.org
Marty Shallenberger

Awesome Marty sounds like a winner, may have to look into the same thing in our area. Any pics of the scale hydroplanes? See ya in October.....Mike

I would like to introduce a recently formed NAMBA District 8 club called the "Pacific Northwest Thunderboat Association". We are a group of hydroplane enthusiasts that enjoy building and racing radio controlled scale hydroplanes of all types. This new club will consist of two classes of boats that will run heat races around the greater Seattle area. The first are the Classic Thunderboats, the enormously popular and recognized NAMBA class that is made up of boats that are built and painted in the "Spirit" of the Thunderboats that ran in the 50's and 60's. This class runs stock 25.99cc motors. The Scale Hydroplane class will include the older round nose boats along with modern pickle fork boats that are still racing today. This scale class will be allowed to use modified 26.99cc motors without pull starters. The boats must be built and configured in the likeness and proportion of the unlimited hydroplane that it is modeled after. For information regarding the PNW Thunderboat Association and the NW Scale Hydroplane Championship race please visit www.pnwta.org
Marty Shallenberger

Hi Mike- Thanks for the positive remarks. We will be running them at the NW Scale Champ race in October.

When time permits I will be posting photos on the web site- See ya soon

Marty

Great idea Marty,,,I like the new class that was added,,,what better place to start a class like this than the Pacific NW....Please keep us posted....

Web site is GREAT....

Marty Shallenberger

Awesome Marty sounds like a winner, may have to look into the same thing in our area. Any pics of the scale hydroplanes? See ya in October.....Mike
Mike I like the idea of the 1/6 or so scale class but if we started one around here I would rather we keep it all stock to keep the price down.

Don McKay

Back