Out of touch with reality

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
Check this out-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=6038066419

I thought this appeared to be a well constructed boat, cool dummy engine too. Said to myself this might be worth slappin' a bid on ............. until I saw his $200 ($150 + $50) shipping & insurance quote. I've shipped scales across the US fully insured for a 1/3 of what this individual is asking for. Just for grins I punched in the numbers on UPS website, even figuring OS2 box size & $1,000 insurance, coast to coast ground shipping as he lists was only $62. I emailed asking how he arrived at these exaggerated prices, curious to see what reply will be. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's commonly used as a way of cheating eBay out of a portion of the final value fee.

Check this out-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=6038066419

I thought this appeared to be a well constructed boat, cool dummy engine too. Said to myself this might be worth slappin' a bid on ............. until I saw his $200 ($150 + $50) shipping & insurance quote. I've shipped scales across the US fully insured for a 1/3 of what this individual is asking for. Just for grins I punched in the numbers on UPS website, even figuring OS2 box size & $1,000 insurance, coast to coast ground shipping as he lists was only $62. I emailed asking how he arrived at these exaggerated prices, curious to see what reply will be. :blink:
Hey Don the balance is got to be for the crate to ship it in, all of the 1st class materials in the boat need to be protected by a "First Class" shipping crate............ :eek:

Well the guy's just replied that this is his first time listing & he thinks he screwed up the shipping calculator part. I sent him back links to UPS & FedEx rate calculators so we'll see. B)

Mike is a great builder and a perfectionist. I don't think he would try to screw anybody.

Back