OT - Picture for Ray Sametz

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikel

Hey Ray,

This isn't the best picture (I took it from my camcorder and it was a cloudy day); but here's a picture of where we run in Bermuda. This was taken from the end of the front straight.

The airport is behind the roof of the building you can see in the right-hand side of the picture. You can't see it in the picture but there is a gap in the treeline on the right that we use to lauch the boats. It's a natural coral shelf and the water is rarely over waist height on the front and chest height on the back of the course. Unfortunately, when it is low tide there is sometimes 0" of water :blink:

-Mike

BdaCourse.jpg

Mike, Cool shot. Do you run as a organized club, how many people. Many years ago I ran boats in brakish water, had to do a complete cleaning after. Running in salt water must be hard on the eguiptment. But then you have plenty of open water, the Atlantic ocean. :D :D Hope to go back in 08. The island changed since I spent my honeymoon their in 1978 at the Castle Harbor Hotel which is gone, bought out by some corperate B/S company. The new hotel does not fit the OLD WORLD charm. Think I'd get in trouble running boats on my 30th wedding anniversery. NOT :lol: :lol: Later Ray B) B) B)

Mike, Cool shot. Do you run as a organized club, how many people. Many years ago I ran boats in brakish water, had to do a complete cleaning after. Running in salt water must be hard on the eguiptment. But then you have plenty of open water, the Atlantic ocean. :D :D Hope to go back in 08. The island changed since I spent my honeymoon their in 1978 at the Castle Harbor Hotel which is gone, bought out by some corperate B/S company. The new hotel does not fit the OLD WORLD charm. Think I'd get in trouble running boats on my 30th wedding anniversery. NOT :lol: :lol: Later Ray B) B) B)
Hey Ray,

Nah, no club right now. On any weekend there's about 5 - 10 guys running. Yup, a good cleaning as soon as I get home is a necessity; plenty of soapy water and WD-40 to get that salt out.

Wow, 30 years, that's definetly a milestone!!!! I'm approaching 8 this year and I still feel like a newlywed :wub: :wub: . Yeah the Castle Harbor is no more, the main hotel was demolished to be rebuilt and they have setup time-sharing villas. Don't want to get you in trouble but let me know if your coming; maybe the tide will be up. :) :)

-Mike

Mikel

It is a small world. I was doing some telecommunications work in Bemurda in 2005 and was all over the island for a few weeks and I noticed guys running riggers and sport hydros at that site you pictured. Looking back, I assume that was you amd your fellow racers! I never had a chance to stop by and enjoy the racing. I am an FE guy, so not too familiar with nitro boats, but racing boats is fun regardless of the power plant.

I live in Toronto, so it was a real treat to get to spend some time in Bermuda. It is a beautiful island, with a great culture. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Keep posting piocs if you get a chance.

Regards RvE

Back