Open sport hydro strut rule at the Nats ??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Whitt

I am building an electrified Phil Thomas sport 40.I plan to run it at the The IMPBA nats in open sport hydro.Does the strut have to be mounted under the boat or will a transom mounted strut suffice in the open class.Thanks

I am building an electrified Phil Thomas sport 40.I plan to run it at the The IMPBA nats in open sport hydro.Does the strut have to be mounted under the boat or will a transom mounted strut suffice in the open class.Thanks
ID SAY YOU BETTER PUT IT UNDER UNLESS THERE IS AN ELETRIC CLASS THAT HULL FITS IN WITH THE STRUT OFF THE BACK. AND IF YOU BRING IT WITH THE STRUT OFF THE BACK SHOW US IN THE ELETRIC RULES WHERE ITS LEGAL IM NOT FAMIALAR WITH ELETRIC RULES MIKE

SO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS EVEN THOUGH IT IS AN OPEN CLASS.IT STILL HAS TO CONFORM PER THAT CLASS RULE ??

IS THAT THE FINAL VERDICT ? THANKS FOR YOU TIME.

OK,I just checked the rule book.Page J 12 says that struts props and rudders may protrude beyond the transom.

Thats it.So now what.I really dont want to have to mount the strut under unless I have to.But I will to race with you guys.were do I go from here ?Thanks again.I just want to be compliant.

SO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS EVEN THOUGH IT IS AN OPEN CLASS.IT STILL HAS TO CONFORM PER THAT CLASS RULE ??

IS THAT THE FINAL VERDICT ? THANKS FOR YOU TIME.

OK,I just checked the rule book.Page J 12 says that struts props and rudders may protrude beyond the transom.

Thats it.So now what.I really dont want to have to mount the strut under unless I have to.But I will to race with you guys.were do I go from here ?Thanks again.I just want to be compliant.
I read your rule on page j-12 and your good to go on the back of the transom with your eletric powered sport hull Mike

Wow talk about lightening fast response !!!!! :) :) :) YOU ROCK !! Thanks again for your time.Ill be checking in thursday.See yah then.

Back