Off Topic - a day at the pond

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Jacuzzi

This was the first day at the pond for me in 2006 with (3) boats 2 new ones:

New 21 mono - keeps going lean on the stand then I realize that the carb is loose, the draw bar is not holding and will not seat fully. I put that boat away

Score PondGods 7 , Jacuzzi -0

New Sport40 - My trusted P45 blackhead will not fire, will not draw any fuel and is puking fuel through the carb. I take it apart and notice that there is aluminun dust in the oil residue in the engine, Tear it down and the bearings are coming apart. I put that boat away

Score Pond Gods 14, Jacuzzi - 0

E Mono - Fires up sounds great set needle to last years setting , toss it in make 1/2 lap and a sudden stop, sounds like it went lean. Retrieve boat and see my OS9b with the throttle and needle arms attached lying in the bottom of the hull. This scares me as I dont see the mounting screws. Take the engine out , take out piston and liner and the drum housing and I am relieved to see no engine damage other than the rubber o ring from the carb went through the engine. Start to Flush the engine with wd40 turn the engine over and immediately dump all of the rod needle bearings on the ground. The next half hour is spent finding 21 needle bearings in 2 inch long grass. (I hope that 21 is the right number !!!!!). Swear a lot and put that boat away.

Score PondGods 21 , Jacuzzi - 0

Bryan is down from school for the day, he runs his 40 mono, it runs like it did 2 years ago (FAST and stable) , we laugh and talk boating with the other 5 members, help some people out, and go home.

Score PondGods 21 - Jacuzzi - 7

LOL All things considered I had a great day and a great time !.. TJ

Pond god score 21-7 and a mono only running as good as it did 2 years ago. Might be time for a change Tony. Do I hear cars??? Maybe planes... Fishing?

Jr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pond god score 21-7 and a mono only running as good as it did 2 years ago. Might be time for a change Tony. Do I hear cars??? Maybe planes... Fishing?

Jr.

RJ Bryans boat has been on the shelf for two years, the best part of the day was the time spent with him.. TJ

I don't know about that I've had a few VERY EXPENSIVE days at the pond. At least at work you're getting paid....sort of.

Latest posts

Back