Octura 1440 series prop

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAKER

Hi, I'am new to Intlwaters, I would like some input on 1440 series

props. I'am running 290 hopper,cmb .21,lawless lower, i'am use to

the x series about 1/4 to 5/16 above sponsons.

thanks for any information, RAKER

There are three variation's (modded) of the prop, all are forum members I believe:

Anderson 1440

Hopper 1440

PowerSurge 1440 http://www.grimracer.com

Internat's winner from Mike Z.

The Hopper won my prop shootout for best speed two year's ago, but the Octura X440 won best handeling.

Gene ;D

Gene

Was that a stock X440 or a modified ?? I was wondering if the prop duplicator that Marty Davis has is a good prop design for the 1440 ??

The props that i'am running are x637,x640,Prather 215. Is there a propshaft height i'am missing, whats a good starting point. One reason i want to get a handle on the 1440 series is i orderd a Villian S1.

Thanks both Gene's for info. Bruce

I run a 1440 on my Villian 45 mph but that same prop won't work on my HTB mod boat, I guess stock motor an wood boat vereses mod motor an glass boat make some differences. We run a cut X442 an a 1640 we are tring a cut 1740 3 blade on our new OS motor.

Tim

PB Racing

Bruce,

Start off with the propshaft even with the sponson bottoms and zero on the trim, then raise it 1/8" if ya need to.

Bug,

It was a stock X440 with a real good sharpen and balance job,

Gene ;D

I found I had to run the 1440 deeper than the X series props.

Fast prop but handling is not as good as the X440.

Grimracer should be able to tell you the prop hieght and angle for the Villain / 1440 combo.

Back