No Elam

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see it as the classic "good news bad news" thing. By staying home and working on the Dubai circuit. The Unlimiteds stand to gain International attention along with more fans, sponsorships and much needed money. And MAY BE we will be able to watch them on TV again.

I see it as the classic "good news bad news" thing. By staying home and working on the Dubai circuit. The Unlimiteds stand to gain International attention along with more fans, sponsorships and much needed money. And MAY BE we will be able to watch them on TV again.
I wish we could get something on TV. I've watched my DVR'd Speed channel Unlimited Hydroplane Racing episode so many times it's starting to skip. Hydroplane racing needs that boom that Nascar got a back in the late 90's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish we could get something on TV. I've watched my DVR'd Speed channel Unlimited Hydroplane Racing episode so many times it's starting to skip. Hydroplane racing needs that boom that Nascar got a back in the late 90's.
That boom needs to start right here with USA fans, not towel heads with unlimited wealth. :angry: :angry:

That boom needs to start right here with USA fans, not towel heads with unlimited wealth. :angry: :angry:

I'll second that Ray!

Mark

Hmmm...that will be interesting: international. That means we Europeans might have a glimpse of the hydroplane here in Europe. I agree with Wes: Hydroplane racing has fans all over the world except the races are only in the States or Canada which makes it difficult to watch a race unless you plan a trip to one of these races. We als have seen that sponsor draw there money back because hydroplaneracing is a small world. With International races just like formula 1 races it will attract big companies to sponsor a team. Imagine this: Miss Heineken or Miss Shell or Miss Deutsche Bank :D Just to name a few.

I remembered I asked the same question to Ray from The Flying Dutchman and he explained that it was too expensive to ship the hulls to other countries and the hydroplaneworld was too small. In the UIM offshore class1 hulls are transported all over the world. Why? Big sponsor behind these teams just like the formula 1 who's team have their own cargoplanes for transporting the cars and equipment. I would say: Ellstrom family, WAY TO GO!!! B)

DON'T FORGET IT ALL STARTED A 100 YEARS AGO "GOLD CUP" THIS YEARS. IF WHO EVER WANTS TO SEE OUR UNLIMITED RUN LET THEM COME TO THE STATES. SORRY TO ME THIS YEARS ITS ALL ABOUT THE HISTORY AND NOT THE ELLSTROM FAMILY.

DON'T FORGET IT ALL STARTED A 100 YEARS AGO "GOLD CUP" THIS YEARS. IF WHO EVER WANTS TO SEE OUR UNLIMITED RUN LET THEM COME TO THE STATES. SORRY TO ME THIS YEARS ITS ALL ABOUT THE HISTORY AND NOT THE ELLSTROM FAMILY.
Now that is Bullsh :D t because it is a 100 year event of the Gold Cup it is not necassery to find big sponsors? Besides of that: some people are hydroplanefan but cannot afford a trip to the States, especially for those people it would be great to see them in their "neighbourhood"without much travelling

Now that is Bullsh :D t because it is a 100 year event of the Gold Cup it is not necassery to find big sponsors? Besides of that: some people are hydroplanefan but cannot afford a trip to the States, especially for those people it would be great to see them in their "neighbourhood"without much travelling
Don't kid yourself, a trip to the states would be cheaper. What do you think hotel and meals in "Monte Carlo" or "Dubai" will cost. :blink: :blink: Where will they run in England, in the channel or in Locke Ness (watch out for the pond monster) :eek: Que the music.........MONEY it's a hit...don't give me that good goody bulls..t. <_< <_<

Don't kid yourself, a trip to the states would be cheaper. What do you think hotel and meals in "Monte Carlo" or "Dubai" will cost. :blink: :blink: Where will they run in England, in the channel or in Locke Ness (watch out for the pond monster) :eek: Que the music.........MONEY it's a hit...don't give me that good goody bulls..t. <_< <_<
Ray, if the sponsors are willing to pay the costs of shipping the hulls to Europe, why not. As for the lakes and rivers, I live in the Netherlands, we know how to handle the water! We have enough of it! Thats is why your goverment asked us after Katrina to help! :lol: Just kidding: Our lakes and river are big enough to race on it.

Back