Newton Marine Update

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniczar

-Newton Marine Update-

We are pleased to announce that we have now re-opened our doors and are back into full operation. We have taken this opportunity to restructure our processing and delivering service. We will have a more efficient and faster turn around. We are now taking orders domestic and international. To those that still have outstanding orders, we are working feverishly in getting these back orders out. You are most welcome to contact us at [email protected] to check on our progress with your order. Please when in contacting us provide your plan number, date of purchase as well as your check number so we can cross check our files with your order. Thank you for your patience and understanding and we trust that everyone will enjoy the new and better service we are now offering.

We currently have a new website up and running and fully fictional to take orders. It is the same web address at www.newtonmarine.com . We hope that you will find this website more user friendly to match our new restructure of Newton Marine.

We have not increased our prices in the past 34 years but we have had to increase our costs of these plans to be in line with today’s production costs. Our 2008 price guide is as follows:

Allison engine plans (Stock or Turbo-charged) $20.00 ea.

Rolls Royce Merlin plans $20.00 ea.

Trailer plans (2 sheets) $20.00

3 x 5 color prints of most boats $2.00 ea.

8 x 10 color prints of most boats $10.00 ea.

'HYDRO CLASSICS' coloring book featuring line drawings for the 28 unlimited hydroplanes that raced in the 1950's. $13.95 ea. (Including shipping and handling.)

Plans price schedule for 2008

Sheet #1 Paint Scheme - $35.00 

Sheet #2 3-view layout - $20.00 

Sheet #3 - Bulkheads - $20.00 

Shipping & Handling - $10.00 (USA) $20.00 (International)

Total - $85.00 (Includes shipping in USA)

Total - $95.00 (Includes shipping Internationally)

You may order by email at [email protected] or by mail at our address:

Newton Marine care of:

David Newton

14518 167th Pl SE

Renton Wa, 98059

David J. Newton

Newton Marine

Hi David :ph34r: I still look around really color picture 8x10 for" 1957 U-99 SHORT CIRCUIT" round nose Do you have one let me know thanks, Allan

Well done, David, a much easier to check site.

Thanks for your help the last time, my order from the other side of the world is 0coming.

Gilbert

-Newton Marine Update-We are pleased to announce that we have now re-opened our doors and are back into full operation. We have taken this opportunity to restructure our processing and delivering service. We will have a more efficient and faster turn around. We are now taking orders domestic and international. To those that still have outstanding orders, we are working feverishly in getting these back orders out. You are most welcome to contact us at [email protected] to check on our progress with your order. Please when in contacting us provide your plan number, date of purchase as well as your check number so we can cross check our files with your order. Thank you for your patience and understanding and we trust that everyone will enjoy the new and better service we are now offering.

We currently have a new website up and running and fully fictional to take orders. It is the same web address at www.newtonmarine.com . We hope that you will find this website more user friendly to match our new restructure of Newton Marine.

We have not increased our prices in the past 34 years but we have had to increase our costs of these plans to be in line with today’s production costs. Our 2008 price guide is as follows:

'HYDRO CLASSICS' coloring book featuring line drawings for the 28 unlimited hydroplanes that raced in the 1950's. $13.95 ea. (Including shipping and handling.)

Newton Marine care of:

David Newton

14518 167th Pl SE

Renton Wa, 98059

David J. Newton

Newton Marine
Question? why the high price increase? The three plans used to be 35.00 if I remember wright?the new site looks great..

Last edited by a moderator:
Great web site David, it makes me want to build several boats. Wonderful improvement, you're dad would be envious. Good luck, Randy

Okay David, who set up that site for you? Have to agree with Randoon, Czar would be envious. Easy to get around and a nice clean look to it

Misshydro, I think this says it all:

We have not increased our prices in the past 34 years but we have had to increase our costs of these plans to be in line with today's production costs. Our 2008 price guide is as follows:

Thank you all for the kind comments on the new website. Jeff Kes, a fellow model boater, was gracious enough to do the website for me. He also did the previous website for my father. My dad actually worked with him to create a new website, so I guess I can not take all the credit for that, but I did ask that jeff wait for some time until I was able to re-open and effectively serve the model boating community.

As Mark pointed, my father did not raise the prices since he started the business in 1974. Costs of production have dramatically increased since that time and I hope to make Newton Marine into a business that will bring more back to the customers in the future. Along with the new website, the new prices were inevitable. With that said, I hope to bring the same quality that my father did, with the best customer service and return time possible.

Once again I want to thank everyone for their help the past few months, it has meant the world to me...

The website look awesome, i hope to order some plans soon, I know that your father hand drew all the drawing, have you givin any thought to converting them in a cad program?

I have, and have been talking to some people about possibilities on where I could go with it. I am not sure what the best way is to go about the future of the drawings so for now am continuing the same service my father provided. Hopefully in time I will be able to get a system such as CAD that will be much more time and cost efficient.

on occasion i get to play with CoCreate ME10 it has a lot of cool stuff and i only us about 1/8 of it potential. it is impressive that your father hadn't raise his price since 1974, i can't think of anything that is the same price since 1974. I hate to pay more for plans, but i think it over due.

I'm curious David, you going to redraw everything into a CAD or DXF file or have someone else do it? That is a lot of drafting timeno matter how you look at it

There are definitely some big time opportunities with those options and I am seriously thinking on how to go about that. I have a few friends that have offered help, but as you said that is a major project, and I have no experience with those applications. I do however want to attempt to draw some plans and paint schemes this winter to add to the catalogue. I had some drafting experience in college, so I am hoping I can adapt that to the plans, as all my dad had were a few classes in high school.

Anyone notice the boat picture David is sporting? I think David may plan on bringing out the Czar's winning Budweiser this next spring. :rolleyes:

-Newton Marine Update-We are pleased to announce that we have now re-opened our doors and are back into full operation. We have taken this opportunity to restructure our processing and delivering service. We will have a more efficient and faster turn around. We are now taking orders domestic and international. To those that still have outstanding orders, we are working feverishly in getting these back orders out. You are most welcome to contact us at [email protected] to check on our progress with your order. Please when in contacting us provide your plan number, date of purchase as well as your check number so we can cross check our files with your order. Thank you for your patience and understanding and we trust that everyone will enjoy the new and better service we are now offering.

Newton Marine care of:

David Newton

14518 167th Pl SE

Renton Wa, 98059

David J. Newton

Newton Marine
Nice web page

How about adding a tab with a list of the plan numbers and boats that the plan will build. Like the one on paper, could you do a pdf file of that. It would make it easier to find a certain boat by U number and hull name.

PHIL T

That would be a nice feature to contribute to the website, thank you for your input on that, that thought never really crossed my mind. Hopefully that will be up there sometime soon, along with some links and other items.

Dave,

Great to see you're up and running!

I was blown away when I received my plans last evening, that's some quick shipping you got there.

Thanks muchly!

Greg Hahn

OK boys and girls, no excuses, git yer behinds busy and build dem Scale Boats! :D

Greg,

I am glad that you received your plans so fast, I am trying to get the orders out as soon as they are received and not have any back orders. Thank you again,

David

Do you offer a scaled up versions for the gas thunderboats?Be a nice feature for those who want to build them.

Hi David,

Just had a look at the new site, great job!

After I got my plans for the 'Miss Bud' and speeking to you I am more that encouraged to continue building my design and get to work on the Bud' Your father did a fantastic job and you will obviously do just as well if not better.

As for the pricing, I can't see how Roger kept it going as he did and after so long it was a brave but well over due move.

Will you be moving on to kits and harware later on? and Can I have a job in your cad office? couldn't think of a better way to spend my time!!!!

Best of luck David.

Back