Newton Marine Down But Not Out

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydro Junkie

I received an email today from David Newton (AKA Miniczar) of Newton Marine. He asked me to let everyone know what was happening and why orders had not arrived so here is part of that email:

"A couple of weeks ago we had a very hard rainstorm leaving us 4 inches over the weekend. The reservoir pond up my hill overflowed due to the heavy rainstorm and proceeded to flood my homestead. When I woke up that day I went out in the garage to see 2 inches! We were lucky enough with the support of the neighborhood to keep most of the water out of my house, but we were not able to keep it out of the workshop and Newton Marine drawing room. I had to throw out a lot of tools and hydroplane memorabilia. Currently everything is laid out in the house making sure that mold does not grow on the plans and photos that were wet. I was able to save a lot of things that got drenched but not all. I am trying to reboot and get all of the orders out after Christmas and by the end of the year. Thank you to all the have helped out and for everyone's understanding. Happy Holidays!"

The rainstorm David was refering to did severe damage to several areas of Western Washington. Overflowing rivers flooded out parts of towns, washing out roads and displacing hundreds of people. The towns of Silvana and Arlington, both less than 30 minutes from me, had serious flooding that literally shut down part of one and all of the other.

I spoke with him day before yesterday and the word was he didn't lose any plans or paint schemes but he did lose some pictures when the water invaded the drawing room. No word on exactly what was lost. Scary still...we're getting a break from several inches of rain here in CA finally. Lotsa water in a short period had us a bit nervous too. I parked my fishing boat in the driveway.

Latest posts

Back