New scale build off

• Thread starter Douglas P Shepherd
  • Start date
Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Douglas P Shepherd

I am building 5 new Dale Vanwieringen style scale hulls from the D.P.S shop in Madison IN.

I am starting from the can resin and rolls of glass to the water! Not to over do Don and his builds !!!!!!1

Pics are in my gallery Have fun

Last edited:
I am building 5 new Dale Vanwieringen style scale hulls from the D.P.S shop in Madison IN.

I am starting from the can resin and rolls of glass to the water! Not to over do Don and his builds !!!!!!

Pics are in my gallery Have fun
Doug you're too funny! Seriously though folks Doug does some really, really nice 'glass work! :)

After looking at the pics (nice by the way!), How come only one side has a/an afterplane?

David

When you see all the work involved with a scale hull, its not hard to figure out why they cost what they do.....

Very nice stuff..... :)

cool, keep us posted Doug, boat looks awesome. i liked the busness card being glassed into the hull. That is a nice touch.

cool, keep us posted Doug, boat looks awesome. i liked the busness card being glassed into the hull. That is a nice touch.
I like the business card thing too, kinda like a built in CoA. But with as nice a work as Doug does he should glass it in further up front where people can see it. ;)

After looking at the pics (nice by the way!), How come only one side has a/an afterplane?

David
The other side is where the rudder gets mounted, just like the real one. ;)

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...m=374&pos=7
"I see!" said the blind man to his deaf daughter. B)
As far as the business cards go, they have a hull number that I only know on them, Its is my way of ID. I vacuum them down traped under glass that would be hard to get to. There is one on the bottom and one on the deck side . Both numbers match. They also tell me what glass the hull is made out. Sometime It is hard to tell S glass from E glass when it is vacuumed down . The numbers are for reference for me and the owner if the hull ever got stolen or sold. That is why they are where they are. Thanks Doug

Last edited:
I bought the 93 T-Plus that DPS Racing Hulls built... awesome quality !!!!
That's very cool!!!! I have a log book that as 50 plus scales from the past 12 years of making them. I would like to see them all in a role. Thanks yamaha74

Last edited:
Back