• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New Roundnose 1/8 Scales

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddy Benedict

I have a couple of roundnose scales I need to get rid of. First boat can make Newton plans 102 and 103 with the low back cowling. Price is $395 now $350 plus shipping.

The second boat is a Drop Sponson that makes Newton plan 106 low back cowling also. This boat has some cosmetic flaws on the top and center support(see Picts) Price is $275 now $250 plus shipping.

Boat #3 drop sponson boat with no cosmetic flaws. $350 plus shipping.

All boats have 3/16th T6 aluminum transoms and turnfin backing.

Please post questions here.

Thanks,

Buddy

Last edited by a moderator:
these are great lookin boats...VERY nice work buddy!
default_smile.png

what type of adhesive was used to join the deck to the hull ?

will engine mounting rails be installed in future hulls ?

hull length and width dimensions ?

thank you,

dave w.

The boats are built using Total Boat epoxy. The seams in the nose are put together using 1/2 inch beads of epoxy mixed with West 406 filler. I use the same mixture for the rear half but I also use 2 layers of 6oz glass to hold the seams together. I don't plan on putting rails in the boats, the bottoms are laid up using 2,4, and 6 ounce glass. There are 3 layers of 6oz so the bottom is stiff enough to use a bottom mount and have all that room for everything else.

Boat is 44.1/4 long 19.1/2 wide tunnel is 10.1/8 and sponson depth is 1 1/16

Buddy

The boats are built using Total Boat epoxy. The seams in the nose are put together using 1/2 inch beads of epoxy mixed with West 406 filler. I use the same mixture for the rear half but I also use 2 layers of 6oz glass to hold the seams together. I don't plan on putting rails in the boats, the bottoms are laid up using 2,4, and 6 ounce glass. There are 3 layers of 6oz so the bottom is stiff enough to use a bottom mount and have all that room for everything else.

Boat is 44.1/4 long 19.1/2 wide tunnel is 10.1/8 and sponson depth is 1 1/16

Buddy
thank you for detailed reply.

dave

Ok guys, I need to sell these two boats and I have another drop sponson boat that is also new that needs to go. I was saving it for myself but I need the money for a hot rod that I have been looking at so check out the new prices in the first post.

Thanks,

Buddy

Buddy;

What are you doing trying to sell my "blemmed" drop sponson hull?

Yeh I know,,, Hot Rod $$$$'s Some day my friend, I have found a picture of the Notre Dame boat with a full forward cowl.. Better than having to put a complete dummy engine on the boat.

Ok folks this thread has been cleaned up. I'm sorry for both letting it get this out of hand as well as letting my emotions get involved. This question of being copied or whatever needs to be settled privately between Mark and Buddy. Copies of stuff in this hobby has gone on forever, right wrong or otherwise.

Back