new R/C U member 1st build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Colean

Hi guys, I'm new to the board, and I'm just getting ready for an 8th scale (brushless) build. I'm not new to boating, but this is my first shot at R/CU. I have about 4 years in nitro with modifying pro boat hydros. But this is my first attempt at a scratch build, so I hope you guys are willing to lend some advice. My boat is the 2007 U-10 hoss mortgage investors.

My first big question is about composition. I can't decide between a laser frame kit, or building glass or wood over foam. I'm leaning toward glass and foam, and have no doubts about my abilities to carve. I've fabricated several good parts that way in the past, but all freehand. I'm not exactly sure how to go from newton plans to a finished foam boat.

If we can start this with pros and cons of glass over foam and stick built, I plan to get started with my build within a couple weeks, and hopefully be ready to hit the water by the columbia cup!

My suggestion would be get in touch with the Brandt's and have them help you out. Multiple high points championships has to say something

Latest posts

Back