New guy engine problems?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Ashby

Hello all:

I was bench testing one of my 1/8th scales and could not get it to start.

What I ended up with was a pipe full of nitro and a puddle under the engine.

I'm probably overlooking the obvious, but go ahead and tell me what you think is wrong.

It's a CMB, had a new plug that was warmed up. When I took it apart to clean up I noticed the low idle screw was all the way down, and the remote needle was open about 4 turns.

Is it possible to over-fill the tank?

Hello all:I was bench testing one of my 1/8th scales and could not get it to start.

I'm probably overlooking the obvious, but go ahead and tell me what you think is wrong.

It's a CMB, had a new plug that was warmed up. When I took it apart to clean up I noticed the low idle screw was all the way down, and the remote needle was open about 4 turns.

Wow, sounds like she's really rich & just flooded out big time. Stock carb??

Hello all:I was bench testing one of my 1/8th scales and could not get it to start.

Wow, sounds like she's really rich & just flooded out big time. Stock carb??

Yes. It is a stock carb. So how do I lean it out?

Back