new 711 1/8th scale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Could we have some more information on the boat, Being that you are the miniczar, I'm guessing that you made it from your Dad's plans, but who's cowling did you use.

Look very nice, would love to see more pictures.

Tom

Wait a minute, I thought the Newton house was all Budweiser. First you have the Pringles and now the 7-11. What's up with this? :D

I probably should add that the boot looks great, though it's missing a wing :)

This was actually a boat built by the late Troy McIntire for Pat Ochs a few years back as the 1986 Pringles. I perchased the boat from Pat last Spring and raced it all year as the Pringles. This winter I decided to change it up alittle and transformed it into the 1985 711. Didnt take too much to do, just different cowling, add turbine exhaust and change the canards. The cowling actually came from Bill Fritz . I guess it is not exactly a new boat, but more of a transformation.

As to not having any more Buds, my dad and I decided to not have the current Buds anymore because they were no longer current. We have been trying to build new Formula Boats for some time now, and this boat is just so I have a boat to race in the mean time, which is why I originally bought it from Pat. I will put some more pix of it after it is cleared and the rest of the details on it are complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
David, Fine looking boat there!

Who did your graphics for you? If It was Mike Mcknight, could you tell me what you used for paint, and possably the paint codes?

I just received a set from him, and my boat is ready for paint, just need to find the time, and what matches his vinyl

Thanks in advance

Rick Bellinger

Rick they are my graphics. In fact I did his and yours at the same time. I have to send up some more Chief Auto Parts decals because somebody (not David) had an accident with the first ones. Hehe

Mike, I did this reply last night, don't know were it went??

So here I go again, did you send me out some scrap vinyl, so I could do a color match for the paint, or possably help me out with what David used on his boat?

Thanks

Rick

rick.

7-11 colors

midnight blue ppg base omni 17045

red deltron ppg 70184

straight from the CZAR himself...... :lol:

hope this puts a smile on your face .....again thanks .....

Sorry I didnt reply with the paint codes for the 711, but I guess someone beat me to it! Lol.

Boat looks great, but haven't you heard that you are supposed to have a fantastic looking lady hold the boat? :D

Look,s great David

Are you and pops coming to the Muncey to beat up on us dist. 19 guy,s again this year ??

I hope so -- mabe we can give you some competition this year ;)

Henry

Thanks guys, I hope I can keep it looking good this year and not come across any tress this year! Lol. Yes my dad and I will be coming down again to the Muncey race this year. Hopefully we can get more of a attendence this year. I wont have my element of surprise this year though...

Thanks guys, I hope I can keep it looking good this year and not come across any tress this year! Lol. Yes my dad and I will be coming down again to the Muncey race this year. Hopefully we can get more of a attendence this year. I wont have my element of surprise this year though...
I will be expecting more victory doughnuts around the start pylon again... ;)

Glen if I'm pitting for you again you can do all the doughnuts you want as long as they aren't around that big metal pipe way down in the east end that you almost tagged last year!

Latest posts

Back