Need help to finish U100 - Miss Rock

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Bill

Hi all, after 3 years I am close to finishing my 82U55 RC Marine boat as the '1985 Miss Rock'. There are a few items left that I need some help with.

1: Where can I get some pics of the real boat. The only one I have been able to find was on Roger Newtons web page? I have the decals be would like more detailed pics of the boat for finishing.

2: Where can I get the scale driver, steering wheel and instruments suitable for this model? I would like to use a 'smaller' driver that will sit on the cowl without cutting it.

Any and all info or advice would be greatly appreciated so I can get to the best part of building - PLAYING.

'Wild Bill' Annabel.

Hi all, after 3 years I am close to finishing my 82U55 RC Marine boat as the '1985 Miss Rock'. There are a few items left that I need some help with.
1: Where can I get some pics of the real boat. The only one I have been able to find was on Roger Newtons web page? I have the decals be would like more detailed pics of the boat for finishing.

2: Where can I get the scale driver, steering wheel and instruments suitable for this model? I would like to use a 'smaller' driver that will sit on the cowl without cutting it.

Any and all info or advice would be greatly appreciated so I can get to the best part of building - PLAYING.

'Wild Bill' Annabel.
Bill,How are you "down under"???? I am just getting started building the same Scale. I wil be interestedin how it goes for you and what you find out. Doc

Bill, its about bloody time you got on to that.

I've still got some of Larry's drivers if you're after something like that otherwise have a look at some of the 1/8th scale car bodies and interiors for drivers and dashes. Dad has used the car body ones many times.

Grub

Hi Doc, how are you - well I hope.

How are you going with the twin?

I like these boats because there are less 'bits' that blow off everytime they go over. Used to have a U95 and must have re-fitted the wings about 25 times. That gets real old, real quick. So when I decided to get another 'scalie' I decided on one of Phils boats after watching all the 'go fast' guys in the States and what they were running. I will let you know when I get it all sorted. By the way, was looking at those pictures of your twin that was wrapped around the tree at Slidell the other day. Still think of that, you were very spectacular that day Doc.

And Grub - go back to work. Mate, I have a scale driver with a jacket and all but it is a little larger and I would need to cut the cowl and mount him down into the boat. There is not much room there so I decided to look for one a little smaller that I could mount straight onto the cowl. I have seen them and have a picture of them, just don't know where they were born.

Thanks to all for your input, I need it.

Wild Bill.

Bill,

The aromarine 1/8 driver is a good one. As it goes its best (and learned this one from one of the best) to have your driver just a tad larger then scale. If not they look to be lost in the cockpit and not look right.

Grim

Back