Need Circus paint codes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
I am in need of the 3 pinks that go on the 89 Circus Circus. I have to have them to try and finish this hull this week. Thanks for any help, Mike

Well there is the question that has plagued many who have built a Circus boat. I'm having to convert some of my old paint codes. When I did my last boat 3 years ago I used Sikkens. Well now everything had gone to water based formulations and now I have to convert everything since I have to repaint one boat and two others were almost finished but never painted. I'll let you know.

I had the same issue. The paint was mixed by Dupont for the Circus. And they called it dark pink, medium pink and lite pink Dupont Imeron.....Great eh that helps out a lot in know. If I can get a hold of Dan he has my Endura paint at his house. I will get a number for you if possible.

Is Endura a base coat? I got the Imron codes that Roger Newton had posted for someone on Rumrunnerracing.com, and my local paint guy is taking those codes, and seeing if he can recreate them in a Nason or Chromabase basecoat. If Endura is a basecoat, and you have codes, anything will help, especially if I cannot get the Imron stuff to crossover. Thanks! Mike

Well, trying to cross over Imron to a base color was a dead end. He said I would have to come in and look threw the specktramaster chip book and pick out three pinks. I cannot believe how difficult it is to find such a popular boats colors! He did say that Imron can be top coated with clearcoat, but I have no desire to spray Imron in all honesty. Well, if anyone has some codes, any help would be much appriciated! Thanks, Mike

Well, I went with Dupont Speckramaster Pinks. They look really good in the can. I will have pics and codes when I get home. Mike

Latest posts

Back