Need build pics and info Bud t5

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardKnox

Just got a new older never built P Thomas T5 Bud hull and Iam looking for picks of the way the cowl is put together and installed. Cant seem to find a build thread anywhere. I have built scale hulls in the past just looking for new ways. Any tricks out there. Thanks guys. Rich

Here is a album on the U10 build the cowls would be setu the same

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1093&page=1

Here are some pictures of the Bud cowls and setup.

I attach the front cowl with a pin at the nose and some tabs glued to the cockpit at the back, use some screws into the engine well wall to hold it .

That U10 had some blocks glued to the engine well for the tabs to screw into but i found i could just glue some tabs on the inside edge of the cowl and run the screws thru the engine well wall. The center scoop will have some pins thru the front cockpit bulkhead and some sort of latch at the rear to hold it down,

I was working on a new U10 and will have some better pictures soon.

PHIL T

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a album on the U10 build the cowls would be setu the same

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1093&page=1

Here are some pictures of the Bud cowls and setup.

I attach the front cowl with a pin at the nose and some tabs glued to the cockpit at the back, use some screws into the engine well wall to hold it .

That U10 had some blocks glued to the engine well for the tabs to screw into but i found i could just glue some tabs on the inside edge of the cowl and run the screws thru the engine well wall. The center scoop will have some pins thru the front cockpit bulkhead and some sort of latch at the rear to hold it down,

I was working on a new U10 and will have some better pictures soon.Thanks Phil,thats what I was looking for.

PHIL T

Richard, Does your boat have the new front radio box or the narrow rear box? Walt Barney has made a metal tank to fit the front nose too.

My hull has the front box. I guess I will contact Walt and have a side tank made for it. Thanks Phil

Latest posts

Back