Name This Hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim leyde

Can anyone tell me who this hull may have been made by? It's 43" X 22". Made from fiberglass. Looks like a beauty.

Thanks

TL

Last edited by a moderator:
Phil, I thought the same Atlas Van Lines. I know its an older hull. Looks nicely designed to me.

TL

I went over and checked on the Aeromarine website and didn't find it, just a Bud and Miller in scale size. If it's an Aeromarine hull, it could be discontinued. Could it be a Thunderboat Reproduction's hull?

I agree with Rick. Looks like a Muck Blue Blaster Atlas maybe. What is that taped to the Starboard side of the cowl - air scoops?? Shoot us a pic of the hull bottom and we can probably get very specific for you. CHEERS !!! Bob

Thanks guys, I'll get a pic of the bottom soon. The tape on the starboard side is holding on a piece. Looks to me like you could have it open or closed.

TL

Hey Tim,

Could the piece taped to the side of the cowl be two scoops that would go on either side of the cowl if cut in half??

I'm thinking it is the MHR 7701 U-1 Atlas Van Lines as in attached pics. CHEERS !!! Bob

Hey Tim,

Could the piece taped to the side of the cowl be two scoops that would go on either side of the cowl if cut in half??

I'm thinking it is the MHR 7701 U-1 Atlas Van Lines as in attached pics. CHEERS !!! Bob
Yes sir, looks like it to me. Anyone interested? I will be putting it up for sale tonight?

If it has that funny foam reinforcement stuff on the floor, its an aeromarine. I don't think Muck did the cowl edges like that.

I've owned a couple Muck hulls (as well as many others), can you post pics of the inside and the bottom, that would help i.d. it.

More pics. I believe Bob is right. The piece was just taped to the cowl (no hole behind it). When cut in half it would look just like the pics he posted.

I believe the hull is a MHR 7701 U-1 Atlas Van Lines

Thanks guys

TL

Hey Tim,

That's not the "Funky Foam" Duck was referring to. That is expandable foam someone sprayed into the sponsons. Most today use pool noodles because they can periodically be removed and replaced when they get funky. Expanable foam, being not a closed cell product, tends to absorb moisture, oil, and other junk and gets heavier as it ages

Looking at the bottom, I do not believe it is a Steve Muck hull. I don't recall the Muck hull having such a steep ram wing angle of attack. As Rod said earlier - the deck insert forward either side of cowl is not the norm for Steve's hulls. I know Muck offered 7701 hull, my Father had built one for Randy Hagood quite a few years ago, But I don't believe this is one of them

The deck insert forward is similar to the 7704 Perry mold Ralph Henry had the last I knew. But I don't recall that hull ever having a 7701 style cowl.

Good mind teaser to entertain us on a Sunday afternoon. I hear the calling of my name by a Cuba Libras in the distance. Getting louder every second. CHEERS !!! Bob

P.S. Now What Duck. I'm out of credible guesses.

Back