NAMBA 1/10th Scale FE Class approved...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darin Jordan

I've heard from several sources that NAMBA FE now has an official 1/10th Scale FE class. The voting numbers, apparently, were PATHETIC, but overwhelmingly in favour of the new rules.

I've heard from several sources that NAMBA FE now has an official 1/10th Scale FE class. The voting numbers, apparently, were PATHETIC, but overwhelmingly in favour of the new rules.
Man, about a year ago i wanted a 1/10 scale electric SO BAD! But then i realized 1) nobody runs em here and 2) they are NOT a cheap boat to build or run......would still LOVE to have one but.......

Man, about a year ago i wanted a 1/10 scale electric SO BAD! But then i realized 1) nobody runs em here and 2) they are NOT a cheap boat to build or run......would still LOVE to have one but.......
Well... they ARE "cheap" to run, under these new rules, anyhow... A power system (ESC and Motor) can be had for under $150.00... and a set of cells for another $130 or so... then you're set for the season...

The rest of the details are up to the builder...

Well... they ARE "cheap" to run, under these new rules, anyhow... A power system (ESC and Motor) can be had for under $150.00... and a set of cells for another $130 or so... then you're set for the season...

The rest of the details are up to the builder...
Yep, i see yer point......thats still 250 to 300 dollars cheaper than a .67 motor for an 1/8th scale...ive seen a couple of ECRU videos of the 1/10th scale races...they definetly are NOT slow!! i dunno....if there ever was an interest in D-3, i would certainly be tempted to build one....just looks like a cool class! Does anyone offer plans for a 1/10th scale electric? In wood? im not into composites......old school i guess......

Last edited by a moderator:
Just order a set of plans from David Newton, compute the size using the MHR and shrink plans accordingly to match the computed length and start cutting wood. For example, the 73 Pak is 28.5 feet long. That works out to 342 inches or 34.2 inches in scale length. The rest of the plans will be accurate enough to build from. Only change you will need to make is the AOA of the sponson runners

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some action shots of some of the 1/10ths from our club race this weekend here:

http://jimclark.smugmug.com/gallery/832171...545186301_TPgDD

Mine is the Miss DeWalt (Ooops... why do I sense a "cease and desist" letter coming... :huh: <_< )...

I'll have to throw my EagleTree in there next time out to see what speeds we're getting to. "Plenty Fast" is what I usually tell people... They are aired out and can easily blow off the water... that's fast enough!

Back