My new Supersport45 hydro for racing this year

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P THOMAS

Supporting Member
Vendor
I have been working on a new Supersport45, I laid up the decks in carbonfiber and the front sponson bottoms too, I have it all setup ready for some paint.

It will be trimmed out in yellow on the decks and the bottom yellow. The turbine cowl and the stealth cowl I had from the boat i wrecked in 2012.

I used my sow profile rear box to make more room for the pipe, the Speedmaster servo mounts worked well for this.

Going to try out the strut on the transom this year.

The turbine cowl and the stealth cowl I had from the boat i wrecked in 2012. Ya mean when you wacked the dock in Hobart? What a hit. Boat looks good,BIG DADDY

The turbine cowl and the stealth cowl I had from the boat i wrecked in 2012. Ya mean when you wacked the dock in Hobart? What a hit. Boat looks good,BIG DADDY
yes thats the one totaled out and buried at sea wrecked. HA totaled it on the first heat in 12 and came back to win the13 Masters with the backup boat, roundnose Bardahl

I can still remember the 2013 win at Hobart, you had your boat-chucker "skeered" towards the end when i saw you were still in it for the jacket win, I was a bit shaky LOL.
default_biggrin.png

Wallster

Look good also permit your outlet end rear strut for IMPBA but our Namba must use under bottom strut I say " Cheat" to you at Hobart IN Mix up NAMBA vs IMPBA
default_tongue.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Gday Phil

Mate would carbonfiber be a option that is avalible when buying a new hull off you or is this just a one off .Brad

Gday Phil

Mate would carbonfiber be a option that is avalible when buying a new hull off you or is this just a one off .Brad
I just used the carbon fibre in the decks, the finish is not perfect on the edges i will use some color trim and clear coat after the graphics are done.

I can add the carbonfibre if you want it.

! Very nice Phil! Also like that you're a rebel using the now legal transom mounted strut! : )

-Kent

You never know if it hurts or helps unless we try it. Probally just makes for easy install, I can always make the drive line shorter if i dont like it.

Looks great! Question, is that shaft oiler homemade?
yes it just a 1/4 collar with a 10-32water fitting installed. Made the tank from brass tube.
Hi Phil the boat looks great, I'm looking at mounting an oiler tank as well and wondering if it has to be above the flex fitting for gravity flow or if it will draw from the tank on it's own?

Looks great! Question, is that shaft oiler homemade?
yes it just a 1/4 collar with a 10-32water fitting installed. Made the tank from brass tube.
Hi Phil the boat looks great, I'm looking at mounting an oiler tank as well and wondering if it has to be above the flex fitting for gravity flow or if it will draw from the tank on it's own?
I dont think it would not draw, it has to be above the shaft, Steve Wood make one that just clamps onto the shaft tube. Oilers are good we just use castor oil, its stays on the shaft, really no need to pull the shaft but for inspection once in a while. It will leave some oil mess in the hull but a quick clean up with some alcohol works.

Thanks Phil, I have one of Steve's oilers on one of your boats and it works great, I was just looking at some options for a new scale. Here's one I'm going to try out on an FE Sport 40. Trying to keep it low to clear the hatch. Don't laugh.
default_smile.png

Back